• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding near Tri-Cities

D

doudea

Sep 20, 2009
Western Slope
Hello, I'm considering a job based in Pasco, WA. I've been riding in Western CO for 20 years.

Unfamiliar with the Tri-Cities area, how far is good mountain riding from there? Any info is greatly appreciated.

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
Two hours west and there is decent riding out of naches or Yakima, and 1 1/2 hours east there is tollgate area which is more family riding. But nonetheless there is definitely riding somewhat close, I live in kennewick and ride every weekend.

D

doudea

Sep 20, 2009
Western Slope
Hello, I'm considering a job based in Pasco, WA. I've been riding in Western CO for 20 years.

Unfamiliar with the Tri-Cities area, how far is good mountain riding from there? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Two hours west and there is decent riding out of naches or Yakima, and 1 1/2 hours east there is tollgate area which is more family riding. But nonetheless there is definitely riding somewhat close, I live in kennewick and ride every weekend.
Thank you! Much appreciated info.

C
Nov 26, 2007
West Richland
I have only driven out to Bluewood area once, the drive seemed too long. I have been to Tollgate a few times but never since living in the Tri-Cities, the drive seems longer than it is. I primarily ride the Yakima areas since I used to live up there and know the areas well. It is also 75ish miles of freeway driving vs heading east and being on a 2-laner.

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
I have only driven out to Bluewood area once, the drive seemed too long. I have been to Tollgate a few times but never since living in the Tri-Cities, the drive seems longer than it is. I primarily ride the Yakima areas since I used to live up there and know the areas well. It is also 75ish miles of freeway driving vs heading east and being on a 2-laner.
Me also, I grew up in the lower Yakima valley so know Ahtanum area well, that is my go to place.

Premium Features