• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding Buddies Season 2008-2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
According to the Farmers alamanac.....and Pres, we are supposed to get a huge storm. We have a $50 spot bet on it being the 1st ride of the year ( 18" of ridable snow) on Oct 24th. We have had a couple of late Oct rides before. So not unlikely. We usually stay in Chama at the vista del rio....good clean rooms and good price. at least is was last year. I hope we have another great year. I will be counting the days......

T
Jan 11, 2008
TX
sold the sled last April.

Only got 3k for it it had 3500 miles and was piped.

I didn't have anywhere to keep it and wasn't going to store it or bring it back to TX for the summer, should have got 3500 if I was more patient.

I am going to buy something between now and Nov. They have a new M8 in Taos for 7700 I been considering.

Fynn

T
Jan 11, 2008
TX
Its a left over from last season. I am just not sure if I should pony up the extra cash and get the 09'. I plan on keeping it for awhile so I dont want to buy something and regret it. Although I could do alot with the extra money left over from a new one. $7700 or $9200 that would leave $1500 for mods right away.

Choices what to do.

Fynn

T
Nov 27, 2007
Los Alamos, NM
If anyone is interested in attending the Colorado 4m ride and needs a place to crash, let me know. I have a room to myself but I am willing to share it with one or maybe two people.

FYI - I got a call last night...I think my sled is in!!!!

T
Nov 27, 2007
Los Alamos, NM
It's President's Day weekend. Most are planning to arrive Friday the 13th and ride all weekend. Several people are leaving on Monday but there's a group of us that plan to head over to Rabbit Ears and ride there on Monday.

Here's the complete thread. http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82983

We have a ton of sponsors onboard already and it looks like the raffle will be awesome. This thread shows the sponsors onboard so far. http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86434&page=7 There's lots of good names there!!

SLO will be totally occupied by our group. We'll have a BBQ one night and we are making plans to have a live band come up to perform. Alrevedup is even making ride shirts. I think the proceeds are going to SAWS.

If you guys need anymore info, let me know. Bushmaster and PJ are coordinating efforts on the ground.

wow, sounds cool... Awful long way to go for 3 days of riding. I went to Grandlake Co. 2yrs ago...cool riding, but I am not one for following trails. 17hrs driving to and from. Much rather spend that time riding. Did you get your new sled??

T
Nov 27, 2007
Los Alamos, NM
I just got off the phone with the dealer and my sled is in. Wooohooo! I just need the snow to fly so I can drive up there and do a little riding on the way back home.

I know that the drive is kinda long for you but I guarantee it will be a blast. No one up there is a trail rider. Using SLO as a base allows us to ride up to Wyoming if we choose to. I hear that there's a little something for everyone.

T
Jan 11, 2008
TX
Well I really want the new dragon, but the economy is holding me back. Cash only for me I dont finance toys or anything really.

As for the ride sounds fun, but also sounds very busy have you riden in big crowds, sometimes its more work then fun...and can be very slow if the riders arent all fairly equally skilled. Not saying you cant have a good time, but I am leary of riding in large groups you can spend all day getting people unstuck instead of riding.

I'll read the threads and let you know.

Fynn

T
Dec 14, 2007
Alamosa, CO
Well I really want the new dragon, but the economy is holding me back. Cash only for me I dont finance toys or anything really.

As for the ride sounds fun, but also sounds very busy have you riden in big crowds, sometimes its more work then fun...and can be very slow if the riders arent all fairly equally skilled. Not saying you cant have a good time, but I am leary of riding in large groups you can spend all day getting people unstuck instead of riding.

I'll read the threads and let you know.

Fynn

I think Vickery Motorsports in Denver has the 09 D8 155 for less than 10K. Not too bad of a deal. I'm not sure of the exact number but I think I remember seeing a number under 10.

T
Dec 14, 2007
Alamosa, CO
Vickery's website only shows the MSRP price of 10,700 but according to an ad I saw in the Colorado Snowmobile Association's newsletter they are showing it for $9799. Sounds like a pretty good deal. I would buy one myself but then I wouldn't be able to ride this year because my wife would probably murder me!! LOL:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features