• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ride connected: Ski-Doo 10.25'' Color Touchscreen Display

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
I think I personally would opt out of the Guage option. The 4" is still pretty lame, but the replacement value on the 10" I'm sure is outrageous, seems to IMO be pretty exposed and who know how many vital features run through it?

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
Wonder how much of this can be saved with a different battery?
dunno. i figure the larger gauge and the wire harness are at least half that total weight if not more so i'm not sure if there's a much smaller battery than what's already used.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
5lb weight penalty with the new gauge.
As if the ridiculous $1200 added cost and no buddy tracking were not enough reasons to skip that gauge.

Doo did a lot of great stuff for 2023. But for some reason they cannot get their gauges right as to looks, functionality, and price.

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Are the offline maps for navigation any good ? Do you have to pay for them? I know a lot of people getting the 10.5 are hoping they will have the buddy tracking working with not requiring cell service.

KMorgan

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2011
So the current unit DOES NOT track fellow riders.
But
So says Norona, it MIGHT be included in a future software update???

Very Surprised
Wonder if there is a Copyright/Patent issue on the technology?
If there is have skidoo share the SHOT technology and get the tracking update from polaris. At the end of the day its 6's.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
If there is have skidoo share the SHOT technology and get the tracking update from polaris. At the end of the day its 6's.
The Doo 850 motor was designed with SHOT in mind. I don't think you can retrofit the Poo 840 motor to use SHOT.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Curious how big the battery is they have for the screen. I would think it’s smaller since I don’t see to many people carrying a 240 cranking amp battery around to power laptops and iPads that have bigger screens and processing capabilities then what’s on the sled.
Pretty sure that you don't need a cranking amp battery for the screen. A small deep cell LiFePO4 battery would be perfect. The Poo one is pretty small. But I wouldn't be surprised if there is still weight savings with aftermarket.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Pretty sure that you don't need a cranking amp battery for the screen. A small deep cell LiFePO4 battery would be perfect. The Poo one is pretty small. But I wouldn't be surprised if there is still weight savings with aftermarket.
Correct, you do not need a cranking amp battery for the screen which is why I referenced the laptop when I was responding to the previous question above my post. One of the ski-doo videos says it is a separate battery from the one that will come with snowmobiles that have electric start and the battery for the screen had not been finalized. That was the current info for the week of the release. We will have to wait and see since they still have time to make some last minute design tweaks prior to final production.

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Would only interested in the Ski Doo gauge if it would track other riders in your group.

Maybe it is asking too much but ALL the OEMs should adopt a rider tracking system that is cross platform so all members of a group could be tracked regardless of the brand of sled they are riding. Been using Garmin Rino radios for years that do this exact thing so the technology is there the OEMs just need to do the right thing and install it.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Would only interested in the Ski Doo gauge if it would track other riders in your group.

Maybe it is asking too much but ALL the OEMs should adopt a rider tracking system that is cross platform so all members of a group could be tracked regardless of the brand of sled they are riding. Been using Garmin Rino radios for years that do this exact thing so the technology is there the OEMs just need to do the right thing and install it.
That would be SO FREAKING AWESOME

Red Stripe

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2010
Slick City, UT

Good luck..... history has shown us that potential profit makes big corps push their proprietary systems for years, thinking it will be the one adopted, as opposed to cooperation with competitors for the greater good. (old guy here, I was a kid but remember VHS and Beta?) Eventually some semblance of a single standard appears, but it takes forever due to the usual blinders and greed.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Good luck..... history has shown us that potential profit makes big corps push their proprietary systems for years, thinking it will be the one adopted, as opposed to cooperation with competitors for the greater good. (old guy here, I was a kid but remember VHS and Beta?) Eventually some semblance of a single standard appears, but it takes forever due to the usual blinders and greed.
Hmmm, so maybe Laserdisc still has a chance???

Last edited:
Premium Features