• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.
D
Dec 1, 2009
Norwood, CO
My 98 mxzx 440 is ratcheting!! I used to ride this sled all the time and no problems, then the first ride out it would ratchet when i would give it the onions.

My previous sled 03 rmk 800, did this ratcheting and then it broke down the same day.

I want to know how to prevent the jackshaft from screwing up. If there is any little tricks that would prevent this..

Please Help ME!!

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Make sure the driveshaft bearings are good, make sure the rails aren't broken/bent and limiter strap isn't broken. If everything is good then just tighten the track a bit.....as drivers and track wear it can ratchet easier.

D
Dec 1, 2009
Norwood, CO
Make sure the driveshaft bearings are good, make sure the rails aren't broken/bent and limiter strap isn't broken. If everything is good then just tighten the track a bit.....as drivers and track wear it can ratchet easier.
thanks, i just tightened it and idk how tight i'm supposed to get it, when i suspend the *** end of the sled, and give it throttle it will go, then it will slow down and not spin. It will move like an inch at a time at idle.

Is that too tight?

D
Dec 1, 2009
Norwood, CO
When the front shock on the rear suspension goes bad - it will really aggrevate the ratcheting issues. Might wunna look there as well.

how do i know if the shock is bad?

I mean it rides like it always has but, i bought it used and the guy before me might have blown the shock so..??

Premium Features