• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

R&D turbo werx kit HA HA

W

wy-doo

Well here is a little story for YA.
I am the guy that had the Turbo 860 project well not any more i now have 800top end on it ans IT still dose not run like it should! Will not build boost 6 lb at 6500feet and at 9000 feet some sled head racing 860 handed my a@# to me every run. Dave even did the 800 install and rode the sled!:face-icon-small-con ( O by the way dave it is not the 860 that will not let your turbo kit work it is YOU)
Well some very cool friend picked the sled up for me (thanks) and delivered it to me in west Yellowstone two weekend ago first rude down the trail the POS oil tank broke off the bottom of the turbo ( nice) I i did some R&D of my own and with the help from SILBER turbos we fixed that ( thanks SILBER).
Well called Dave and still have had NO help from him Jake did give me some things to look for (thanks JAKE) well so it brings me to today tore down the sled and found two things wrong on Bad deigned charge box so I did some More R&D work and cut the neck of the charge box off and welded it in the right angle so it would have a straight shot to the charge tube so it would not blow the coupler off witch will happen!! I jetted it to Jake and josh's spec NOT Daves setting witch was pig rich om bottom end! and now found that my carb boot had a crack it that DAVE NEW about and said it was not the hole way through WELL DAVE IT WAS AND you put back on my sled Thanks:face-icon-small-fro

So will put it all back together and see how it runs and if it still will not run
I will let a good turbo shop work on it like jmoore with Turbo Performance have IT!

Thanks Jake and Jmoore and Josh at Turbo Performance for you help so far and as for Dave at R&D Turbo werx i would not let you work on my 5 year olds bike!!! good luck with your Business:face-icon-small-fro

Ps i am not a English major!! as you can tell

( O by the way Dave it is not the 860 that will not let your turbo kit work it is YOU)

Last edited:

RIDECATS

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2002
MN
...just sat down for a sandwich and lunch before taking off your way.

WOW is all I have to say. a turbo is a BIG investment no matter your income and the have something that is this far off is a sh!t deal.

...get that bad boy running >>>> I wanna see a real 860 v 800 pump gas race this weekend - the camera batteries are charged :)

See ya in a couple days Wy-Doo!!!!!!!!

C
Dec 16, 2007
i thought jake was daves right hand man, i wouldnt ask help from a guy that has been helping dave on these! just my 2 cents hope you get it running how it is suppose to run

M

McGuyver

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
gunnison, Colorado
www.smouch.net
Wy-Doo, was nice meeting ya in Silber's shop on Friday night, I was the one that came over with Brad. Glad I could help with some of the coordinating to get that thing out of Dave's hands and back into yours. Unreal spending that kind of money on all his hype and still having to fix his flaws before you can even take it on the snow.

Hope things turn around for ya

W

wy-doo

Wy-Doo, was nice meeting ya in Silber's shop on Friday night, I was the one that came over with Brad. Glad I could help with some of the coordinating to get that thing out of Dave's hands and back into yours. Unreal spending that kind of money on all his hype and still having to fix his flaws before you can even take it on the snow.

Hope things turn around for ya

Thanks You all were great in helping me thanks!!

J
Dec 2, 2002
Monticello, MN
No i was not i was riding with big john that day!

Silber was out there that day riding in another group - he was on his VE tunnel Assault 800T, his buddies were running a black cat turbo, and there was a black Polaris side exit exhaust (no decals) turbo as well. Silber was climbing the hill where the Forest Service stopped and checked for registration stickers.

Silber is a good guy, glad he could help you out on your sled wy-doo. I would like to see your sled running the whole day without lifting the hood.

W

wy-doo

Silber was out there that day riding in another group - he was on his VE tunnel Assault 800T, his buddies were running a black cat turbo, and there was a black Polaris side exit exhaust (no decals) turbo as well. Silber was climbing the hill where the Forest Service stopped and checked for registration stickers.

Silber is a good guy, glad he could help you out on your sled wy-doo. I would like to see your sled running the whole day without lifting the hood.
\\
Yeah that was on Friday!

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Glad I could help you out, If you want to come back up to yellowstone this week I will be there, I can build you an oil tank that will last and will have a fill cap. Let me know as I will bring some material with me.

That day on lions head was a bad day, I broke my primary spring before we even got to denny creek. But decided to ride as the trail ride back to the shop is garbage.

Our 880 Xp turbo ran good, and my friends dragon that he built himself worked pretty good for its first voyage. That black cat was stock, and the nytro is a work in progress(SORRY ROSS:face-icon-small-hap).

We are planning on marketing the skidoo turbos for next year, as we are having great success with them. And we can keep the price right with our polaris kits.

Iam heading back out west this week if anyone wants to ride.

Justin Silbernagel

M
Nov 27, 2007
holy crap ,this story is getting worse every time i look at it . i was thinking pretty hard on one of these kits back in november. sure glad i passed on that one . one the b.c. performance shops got most of their kit in december but still havent recieved the exhaust parts. for a business that was claiming a bulletproof ,parts are just a week away setup , this is a major kick in the nuts for anyone unlucky enough to have invested the cash and a wasted sledding season in this farce.

W

wy-doo

Glad I could help you out, If you want to come back up to yellowstone this week I will be there, I can build you an oil tank that will last and will have a fill cap. Let me know as I will bring some material with me.

That day on lions head was a bad day, I broke my primary spring before we even got to denny creek. But decided to ride as the trail ride back to the shop is garbage.

Our 880 Xp turbo ran good, and my friends dragon that he built himself worked pretty good for its first voyage. That black cat was stock, and the nytro is a work in progress(SORRY ROSS:face-icon-small-hap).

We are planning on marketing the skidoo turbos for next year, as we are having great success with them. And we can keep the price right with our polaris kits.

Iam heading back out west this week if anyone wants to ride.

Justin Silbernagel

Thanks Justin but i have a lot going on this week if you all would like to come down and ride with use let me know!

D
Nov 26, 2007