• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

question about what gas to run

travydog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Tulare south dakota
I am snowchecking a summit x, and I was wondering what gas I should run in it. The newest sled I got is a 01 rmk and I just run whatever the highest octaine the pump has that I go to. Do you have to run anything better than that in them? Oh and one more question for ya and I know this has been talked over for ever on here, do they use synthetic oil or can I use the blue marble in the shed that I have. Should I stick to the ski doo brand or what do you guys recomend? Thanks for the info

I

imobdeep907

Dec 2, 2008
Anchorage
i run premium and octane boost.. but u dont need to octane boost... i would run synthetic thats all i use.. and the skidoo synthetic xps oil is fine.. but i like to run royal purple synthetic it seems to run cleaner and the rave valves stay alot cleaner with this oil..

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Always use 91, but don't buy it in the city where emissions come into play. The ethanol is not good for the motor.

If you are worried about oil you can run several different brands. The BRP XPS stuff is good but spendy. Amsoil is great oil and I used to run Injex (Walmart) and I never had a problem. I just run the BRP stuff cause I get a deal.

Premium Features