• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil injection delete question

T
I picked up an 09 cfr1000 it's had the oil pump removed with a block off plate. There is a little bottle with a hose running down underneath engine to waterpump nipple. I thought it was leaking as oil went down faster then I thought it should. While having throttle bodies and reeds off chasing a non firing mag side I cleaned and the engine and yes the hose was a little lose. I pulled it of cut the end off put it back on and clamped. Poured klotz in the little bottle go back out to Garage a couple hours later and bottle is empty. There's zero oil leaking so the bottle must have drained into the waterpump shaft cavity. I'm going to get a oil pump and put the injection all back on. Question is this normal? I wouldn't think so. What's the proper way to do an oil delete. So for x amount of years the previous owners just kept filling the bottle... the guy I bought it from said just make sure and keep it full as he was told by the guy before him.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
The delete folks say you don;t need the bottle etc...i had a hose with the same with no bottle and the oil would disappear and i have been ok for years...so the mixed oil is all you need and no bottle or hoses. iI took my hose off and just for piece of mind did the bottom crankcase to pump cavity little jumper which is covered in an old thread on this forum...zero issues..

T
The delete folks say you don;t need the bottle etc...i had a hose with the same with no bottle and the oil would disappear and i have been ok for years...so the mixed oil is all you need and no bottle or hoses. iI took my hose off and just for piece of mind did the bottom crankcase to pump cavity little jumper which is covered in an old thread on this forum...zero issues..
Good to know. Must be the oil escapes thru into that cavity. Thanks

C
May 21, 2010
As long as your bearing seals are good for the center cavity with the drive gear, full of oil should be fine. Not much is needed for the drive gear, but more is OK as long as it stays there!

Premium Features