• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Question about a snow bike kit

C

cade123

Jan 23, 2015
So I've Been wanting to buy a snow bike kit for my dirt bike. But I only have a 2012 kx250f dirt bike, would it have a enough power if I built a turbo kit similar to Swedenturbo's kit that he made. I would buy a 450 dirt bike but I think in the summer (without track kit on) It would have to much power for me. BTW I'm 15 years old, 145lbs and 5'11. I would prefer not to have 2 dirt bikes. Let me know if turboing my 250f dirt bike would have enough power for a timber sled track kit, thanks.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
In my opinion you might as well buy a 2nd bike if you are going to turbo... at the end of the day it is easier for the long term. I have gone the 250 route you need more torque... A turbo will not help to much in the torque department

Last edited:

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Putting a turbo off and on seasonally would be a pain and just the turbo would cost more than an entire used 450. Find a clean 450 and make it a dedicated snowbike. Or try a kit on your 250. Some have used them with success for younger lighter riders. When you move to a 450 in a year or two, buy a fit kit and move it over.

That being said, in my opinion, a 450 would not be too much for you in the summer time as you would quickly grow used to it, but you know yourself better than us. Consider that if a 450 is too much in the summer, you would likely be satisfied with the performance of your 250 with a snowbike kit. At least it would get you out there having fun.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
You may want to do a bit more research on turbos.....:face-icon-small-dis

I have could not imagine why you would spend 5 grand on a turbo for a 250 4 stroke.... you will be very lacking in the torque:face-icon-small-dis Displacement will always win out you are always better starting off with a better platform then a lacking platform and correcting its inadequacies...... To get a kit for a 250f and ride it I agree with but I would not be investing anything above and beyond that...

Last edited:
Premium Features