• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Putting new bodywork on

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
So......
Who has already figured out how to put the new body panels on a 17 and older Proclimb ?

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
My guess is, by the time you put a belly pan, hood, side panels exc. you will be in the neighbor hood of 3000.00. It would be nice if cat came up with a kit, but I am sure they would rather you upgrade to a 18.

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
$1295 for the kit from BDX/SSI. Only thing is the kit uses the new gauge so your going to have to do some fab work to get the old style gauge to fit. Who's going to do one because we need pics!

Last edited:

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
New body work.

This summer or next fall I'm going to try and put the 2018 M body work on my 2016 Ltd. It has MC conversion and belt drive along with a boost-it turbo. I think it'll work. It'll need narrow running boards of course. It won't need the air intake or air box or headlights so it shouldn't be that hard.
Maybe somebody will do this before I try???

badaltitude

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2010
north dakota
Making the old gage fit is no problem, need to file a small notch into new holder, and fab up a small strap to go across studs in old gage and to new hole in new consol. Piece of cake. My 16 has Yamaha consol on it and that's how I mounted my old gage in it. Same style as new cat set up. Chewy22 on here has done a similar deal. Not sure how he mounted his gage tho.

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I have a 15 HCR with a BD TURBO so air intake is really not that hard. I've got spindle kit coming and narrow boards nexts. Unless it sells

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
My question is how is BDX kit going to work with the old style oil bottle ?

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
My question is how is BDX kit going to work with the old style oil bottle ?

I wouldn't get the bdx/ssi kit.
It looks like they are using 2017 sidewinder or 600 RS trail sled body parts.
2018 side panels and belly pan look different and are narrower. Hood looks different also.
If you don't need a factory intake there's less pieces to buy.
I'm sure there'll be a light weight hood or head light delete kit made for the new body work.
Maybe they'll use updated parts when they are available???
Maybe cat will have a updated kit for older sleds???

Last edited:

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Making the old gage fit is no problem, need to file a small notch into new holder, and fab up a small strap to go across studs in old gage and to new hole in new consol. Piece of cake. My 16 has Yamaha consol on it and that's how I mounted my old gage in it. Same style as new cat set up. Chewy22 on here has done a similar deal. Not sure how he mounted his gage tho.

Exactly what I did. Ripped my intake sock last trip. Will have hood apart this weekend will snap a picture of what it looks like on the bolts.

IMG_0233.jpg

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Looks like it is going to be around $1400.00 give or take. We are going to be doing a couple in the next 10 days so I should have a good count on the bolts and nuts that are necessary. I know all the plastic that will be needed is going to be around $1200.00.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Looks like it is going to be around $1400.00 give or take. We are going to be doing a couple in the next 10 days so I should have a good count on the bolts and nuts that are necessary. I know all the plastic that will be needed is going to be around $1200.00.

Guys with turbo or super chargers that don't need intake parts or head lights should be able to do this for less than that right???

Any idea how much for those guys?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Yes, it will be less for sure. I won't have all the details ironed out for a few weeks. We will also have an aftermarket center section/headlight delete available really soon that will cut the weight and the cost.

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE

What are the color choices? I would assume black and grey. Thanks

Premium Features