• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pull Starter on '23 Edge

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
Just picked up a hold over '23 Edge. It came with e-start instead of shot, due to supply chain issues. I don't trust the e-start to always work, so want to install a pull start kit. Anybody installed a pull starter and have the part numbers? There does not seem to be a kit available like there was for the G4.

V

vet86

Dec 23, 2010
Just picked up a hold over '23 Edge. It came with e-start instead of shot, due to supply chain issues. I don't trust the e-start to always work, so want to install a pull start kit. Anybody installed a pull starter and have the part numbers? There does not seem to be a kit available like there was for the G4.
I have a new in the box kit I never installed. I can sell you.

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
pretty silly on doo's part to send you into the mountains with no pull cord. should always have 2 ways to start a sled. A buddy told me most new dirt bikes dont have a kick start either. friggin crazy

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Can always clutch start it in a pinch

V

vet86

Dec 23, 2010
The gen 5 with estart comes with an emergency starter rope in the toolkit. Starts easy with it

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
pretty silly on doo's part to send you into the mountains with no pull cord. should always have 2 ways to start a sled. A buddy told me most new dirt bikes dont have a kick start either. friggin crazy
Yea my couple year old Husky has no kickstarter. Its absurd, but I installed a capacitor thing so I can at least bump start it if I have to.

I didn't realize doo even made a sled with no pull start.

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
The gen 5 with estart comes with an emergency starter rope in the toolkit. Starts easy with it
I had a pull start fail on my G4 and it was not easy to start it with the OEM rope. I wound up using some webbing I keep in my kit for towing. Maybe I was just doing it wrong. Putting the clutch guard back on when it's running is a no go for me, so the pull starter is gonna be my backup.

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
Circling back to say it's the same pull starter kit as the G4.

Premium Features