• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pros and Cons of the ez-ryde suspension

R

ridehard1212

Nov 26, 2007
LANGLEY BC
would also like to know.. thinking im going to ride a non boosted nytro for the year and then decide next year whether to upgrade to boost or new sled..

ez ride is bit more money the timbersled, but it comes with rails?? bit heavier?? or close to the same when you add lighweight drop bracket.

ez ride takes bumps and jumps better??

thanks

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
I had my Nytro with MCX turbo and ez-ryde out this weekend. Definately does not wheely like the stock skid. The ride is really nice. Really smooth ride. Buddies kidneys were hurting by the end of the trail and I did not have any sorness. Lost around 30 lbs with drop brackets. Comes with nice fox zero pros with good adjustability. I really like the skid adn think it is money well spent. I have my front shock shortened 1/2 and inch with a heavier rear spring. As for jumping not a jumper. It also comes with 2 wheel kit in the back. Worth buying absolutely IMO.

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
I run one in my turbo apex and do some testing for the guys at EZRyde , i like it , the ride is good , handles the bumps and keeps the nose down good .
when you have guys like Rob Alford useing it in his tricked out turbo nytro ( i think he ran one in last years sled also ) that should tell you somthing .

looking for opinions on the ez ryde suspension for the nytro. Worth buying?

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
Ted at Terra Alps Racing does, thats where I got mine, as well as any dealership that uses Maverick Distributing in Canada also. You can also buy direct from ez-ryde, was $130 for shipping.

E

edgeperformance

Mar 18, 2008
We sell them also direct from EZ Ryde.This is all we use in our chromoly chassis's and we've tried them all.Price has been changing daily as the dollar bounces around and they were behind buy a week due to the supplier of the arm.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
If you calll Rene at Eagle Valley Lodge in Sicamous, he's got one for sale for pretty cheap I think.

P
Feb 22, 2004
Wisconsin
Been running one for a year plus now.

Pros:
Out-climbs stock suspensions rather dramatically.
Light weight
Fantastic bump absorption both on the trail and in the deep.
Super easy to work on
Great adjustability
Great customer service

Cons:
A bit pricey
Have to run the track very very very tight
Ice buildup on the rear shock reservoir is something you have to pay attention to.

All in all, it's the finest skid I've ever ridden or owned.

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
Been running one for a year plus now.

Pros:
Out-climbs stock suspensions rather dramatically.
Light weight
Fantastic bump absorption both on the trail and in the deep.
Super easy to work on
Great adjustability
Great customer service

Cons:
A bit pricey
Have to run the track very very very tight
Ice buildup on the rear shock reservoir is something you have to pay attention to. .
All in all, it's the finest skid I've ever ridden or owned.

Should not have to run the track as tight on the 2009 162 or 174 as the arms are shorter so the angle of the arm is steeper

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
Sorry , I personally am not a jumper, the skid could verywell be a great skid for jumping, I would not see why not.

W
Oct 29, 2001
Spokane
I had an EZ under my Doo and now have one on my Nytro.

It works very well. Bump handling is great, keeps the front end down better than anything I have ridden. I have done an M10 but not the high budget model that CR Racing is offering so not sure how it compares to that.

EZ ryde

I have one on a T-Apex and dont have any complaints, I have close to 1000 miles on it

and custumer service I have recieved from Steve Polakoisky (I am sorry if I miss spelled it ) But Steve from EZ Ryde is A++++

I had a couple minor issues early on, on mounting locations and or set up for my application and Steve talked me tru it over the phone and sent my the parts I needed ASAP

A++++ outfit , I almost went with the m-10,but I am very happy with the EZ RYDE so far, it handles the 3-4 foot mogals, the cornis drops and the deep pow with no problems

and it dropped a little bit of wieght of the rear of the sled too :)

T
Jan 3, 2008
Good susp if you are not into big hiilclimbs. I took mine off going to the m 10 you do have to run you track hella tight or elese you will spin your drivers right off. Cust service was good just not the susp for me good luck.

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
I climbed some pretty steep stuff and it kept the front end down just fine. I am running 17 psi of boost.

T
Jan 3, 2008
I climbed some pretty steep stuff and it kept the front end down just fine. I am running 17 psi of boost.

wow I could never ever get the front end down on mine did everything I/we could and no go prob had 80 hrs in it with ez ride tried limter straps biggest sprins etc had ez ride try to figure it out as well as a great high perf shop and myself and others and no luck for me. What did you do? what do you weigh? I will say that ez ride did help alot and they are stand up co.

Premium Features