• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro Climb Opinions

What do you think of the pro climb?

• Have one; love it

Votes: 173 52.3%
  • Have one; not sure yet

Votes: 80 24.2%
  • Have one; hate it

Votes: 30 9.1%
  • Where's my M?

Votes: 48 14.5%

• Total voters
S

smv sledhead

Nov 26, 2007
SE Idaho
This is probably redundant, and possibly has been done, and I normally don't care for polls, but what is the statistical opinion of the 2012 sleds compared to 09-10? I'm on the fence over what to do. I bleed green, but I gotta say that the other Pro from the 'P word' company is tempting. :face-icon-small-sho

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
What type of riding do you do and which dealer near you gives you better deal/service?

First thing you will notice going polaris is 180$ belts and every part across the board is more expensive.

The polaris is a great sled you wont be dissapointed with either.

My choice was the kitty mainly for the motor and new front suspension. The reliability and power of the 800 from cat made it an easy choice for me.

We will see how the chain case ect holds up compared to the diamond drive with time but its looking promising :)

-Aksnopro

Last edited:

CATDIESELPOWER

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
IDAHO
Polaris belts may be 180 bucks but the pro generally doesn't eat one per ride,or more! That being said, I still would love a new ac pro climb when and if I have enough coin !!!!!

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
love my proclimb. 300 miles and no belt issues! also i dont have to worry about my tunnel bending if i do a wheelie land on the back end, i can jump and land hard without my rails looking like a banana. and i am more than happy to have a reliable motor. also happy to outclimb the pros in a fresh track while they were poaching! true story. and i like the fact that I may have a heavier sled than them, but i can pay money to take weight off and not worry about the chassis, they have to pay money to strengthen the chassis and add weight. im talking about the rail stiffeners and tunnel stiffeners. and our a arms are strong. I watched a kid on an hcr hit three trees three seperate times that i can guarantee would have bent an M arm. I like my sled.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Polaris belts may be 180 bucks but the pro generally doesn't eat one per ride,or more! That being said, I still would love a new ac pro climb when and if I have enough coin !!!!!

opps:face-icon-small-sho ok-
But how much are clutches that are breaking on the polaris 800?- and did the crank ever get taken care of- and MMmmmm the injector issue last year... hey at least we Cat owners have a good running sled.. well 50% of us do with the silver mounted bushings:face-icon-small-coo.. it's all a good we all have issues..
S/C

CATDIESELPOWER

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
IDAHO
love my proclimb. 300 miles and no belt issues! also i dont hgave to worry about my tunnel bendin if i do a wheelie land on the back end, i can jump and land hard without my rails looking like a banana. and i am more than happy to have a reliable motor. also happy to outclimb the pros in a fresh track while they were poaching! true story. and i like the fact that I may have a heavier sled than them, but i can pay money to take weight off and not worry about the chassis, they have to pay money to strengthen the chassis and add weight. im talking about the rail stiffeners and tunnel stiffeners. and our a arms are strong. I watched a kid on an hcr hit three trees three seperate times that i can guarantee would have bent an M arm. I like my sled.
Good points..

CATDIESELPOWER

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
IDAHO
opps:face-icon-small-sho ok-
But how much are clutches that are breaking on the polaris 800?- and did the crank ever get taken care of- and MMmmmm the injector issue last year... hey at least we Cat owners have a good running sled.. well 50% of us do with the silver mounted bushings:face-icon-small-coo.. it's all a good we all have issues..
S/C
Couldn't agree more!!

S

snowrdr

Nov 26, 2007
Reno, NV
I could not be happier! Rode my HCR on Thanksgiving weekend and that's been it! I have the best piece of garage and trailer art I have ever owned:face-icon-small-con. The serious lack of snow has my sled in and out of the trailer doing all sorts of snowdances and so far nothing has worked. Even wrapped it with a graphic kit and peeled apart the chain case just to inspect a so called loose nut. Oh wait the loose nut may be me, due to a severe lack of snow???:light:

Actually when I did ride it I could not rip the smile off my face for days. Can't wait to cure my mental issues with some white line fever across the Great Basin to chase some snow. Did someone say road trip?

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
I wouldn't be too quick about bashing polaris's chassis strength. Seen what happens when you break a arms on the pro climb? Good bye bulkhead nose.....

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
I wouldn't be too quick about bashing polaris's chassis strength. Seen what happens when you break a arms on the pro climb? Good bye bulkhead nose.....

disagree, we have 3 people that bent a-arms in our group of 6 kittys so far this season all really deserving hits and no bulkhead, spindle, or top a-arm damage yet. i seen BCL's but ours seemed to take a hit well so far.

-Aksnopro

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2007
Rigby ID.
I Love Mine!!!!!!!!! 393 Miles And Love The Sled!!! Suspension Is Awsome!!
Engine Braking Is Way Awsome!!!! Clutching Is Spot On To Me, Quick Snappy
And Never Gives Up On The Hill!!!! Way To Go Cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You Hit A Home Run With Me In My World!!!!!!!!:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-coo

D

Dirty10

Nov 26, 2007
LaGrande, OR
Agree

I Love Mine!!!!!!!!! 393 Miles And Love The Sled!!! Suspension Is Awsome!!
Engine Braking Is Way Awsome!!!! Clutching Is Spot On To Me, Quick Snappy
And Never Gives Up On The Hill!!!! Way To Go Cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You Hit A Home Run With Me In My World!!!!!!!!:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-coo

I couldnt agree more I have had some small issues with mine like hand warmers, loose claps, broken screw heads and ya the fit and finish could have been better!! But this thing is far better then the M which I had similar problems with. Cat is having problems just like every other manufacturer has has problem with first year production sled. My local dealer has played a big part in my good attitude towards all the problem. I take it in he fixes it promptly and I go out and ride it again:face-icon-small-win

markoo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Southern Alberta
Since we're talking about belts a new belt for the m1100 proclimb in Canada is $230. That's almost reason enough to buy a different brand sled. These belts better last 1000+ miles. Also reverse would be nice. Maybe one day A/C will figure it out. Other then that the new chassis is nice.

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
love my new proclimb(high country) 310 miles.....so far so good...no belts,no fires,no heater issues....clutching is spot on,stump puller.....been a dream to ride can't wait to ride again!!!

HC

CATDIESELPOWER

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
IDAHO
So with all the little issues with the new pc why or what makes it better than the 2011 M8? Does it climb higher, does it float better, does it have more power? The Proclimb does not seem to be as reliable as the M8, so what is the advantage? Just wondering.

Premium Features