• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris or Can am?

snow_god

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2011
southwest wisconsin
Im in need of a new utility quad. Had a couple Polaris sportsman and have had my share of bad luck with break downs. I will say I was very had on them though. We have a Polaris and can-am dealer within 3 miles of each other. Been thinkin of maybe tryin a can-am now. What are the pros and cons of each, Sportsman 500 EFI and the Can-am 500?

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I have a08 outlander 800 and really like it. I ride it hard and it has 3100 miles on it now and still running strong. Nothing bad to say about the canams. Can't speak good nor bads about the po po never owned an adult one. I know when it comes to power the can am wins every time. If both dealers are good to deal with I would say it's a toss up.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Lots of Sportsman's are on the wrong end of a rope many times. Can-am's had a rough start with their frames, but have come a long ways....spendy compared to others, but they are well liked. Personally, I like the Yamaha Grizzly's, they are very dependable and well built. Much lighter too, which means a lot when you get stuck. No matter what you get, swap out the stock tires for just about anything else and see a world of improvement.

Premium Features