• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

polaris assault leaning to one side?

Dec 30, 2010
Duluth Minnesota
i just picked up a 2009 assault and it leans to the left they said the shock could need to be rebuilt or its leaking and the chassis is not bent its the shock but im wondering whats wrong with it please help me out.

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
You may have to rebuild the front shocks. The 09 Assault came with air shocks - compressed air as the spring - and if they lost their air charge, the sag (droop) will occur. Find a good shock rebuilder and let them tune them up. Note too that lots of folks replaced the air shocks with good coil-over versions. Have fun, lots of the fun is the tinkering needed.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
i just picked up a 2009 assault and it leans to the left they said the shock could need to be rebuilt or its leaking and the chassis is not bent its the shock but im wondering whats wrong with it please help me out.

Do a search on "D8 leans to the left" it is a very common thing, there is nothing wrong with your new sled.

Premium Features