• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WE 2011 pro assault front shocks on 2009 rmk shift

T
Dec 30, 2015
I broke a ryde fx coil over shock and lower a arm and have a line on some nice used walker evans shocks off a 2011 assault. Has anybody done this and do I need to shorten the WE shocks?

2009 rmk shift Stock ryde fx MPV part# 7043222. 17.25" c-c with 3/8 end bolts (10mm ends)​

Replace with

2011 Pro Assault walker evans racing coil over piggyback needle shocks Part# 7043568. 18.5 c-c with 12mm end bolts.​

I figured the bolt holes will be fine and worst case I could make a shim stock bushing.
  1. BUT what about the overall length difference? Do I need to shorten the shocks or use a Zbros 1" shortening kit like this?.. https://www.zbrozracing.com/product...-walker-evans-shock-polaris-pro-rmk-1-2-shaft
  2. Or can I just bolt them on and have no issues?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I broke a ryde fx coil over shock and lower a arm and have a line on some nice used walker evans shocks off a 2011 assault. Has anybody done this and do I need to shorten the WE shocks?

2009 rmk shift Stock ryde fx MPV part# 7043222. 17.25" c-c with 3/8 end bolts (10mm ends)​

Replace with

2011 Pro Assault walker evans racing coil over piggyback needle shocks Part# 7043568. 18.5 c-c with 12mm end bolts.​

I figured the bolt holes will be fine and worst case I could make a shim stock bushing.
  1. BUT what about the overall length difference? Do I need to shorten the shocks or use a Zbros 1" shortening kit like this?.. https://www.zbrozracing.com/product...-walker-evans-shock-polaris-pro-rmk-1-2-shaft
  2. Or can I just bolt them on and have no issues?

They bolt right on.

The zbroz short ends would help reduce rear suspension sage but not essential.

T
Dec 30, 2015
Well they do not bolt right on. I went ahead and bought them. The bottom bolts up fine but the top will not push in due to lack of clearance with upper shock mount bracket gussets on each side of mount. There isn't much meat to trim but the main interference is the reservoir bracket is too large in diameter to fit in the upper shock mount. I'm not willing to grind what little bit of the bracket is there plus the shocks are too long by about an inch.

In correction for theoriginal post eyelet sizes are actually 10 mm on the walker shocks. Just an fyi update if anybody ever wants to try it.

Premium Features