• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris 08-09 800cfi update

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
If I were you I'd bail no sense waiting they won't fix it anyway and will be out of business soon plus the cat's will be so strong that no one will be able to hang on to them once again this years cat will rock the mountains and the poos will all be in the shop at the same time and for the complete winter.
NOT!!! Don't worry be happy

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
I agree with 727 problem is what do you do with your pos polaris/ i mean who would want one?

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
as far as the electrical issue it should have already been fixed if you had any issues... some of the sleds that i'm around that went down with regulator issues now have 2000 more miles on them trouble free... polaris will also be coming out with a new head piston update (dont hold me to it but i have some pretty good sources) the head will lower compression a little and make the engine identical to the 2010 rmk 800. this is suppose to solve the piston scuffing issue that some people had. personally i put 3000 miles on mine all boosted last year and had no engine problems to speak of and can't wait to get the lower compression head so i can run more boost!

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
JKinzer is right.

New head good for around 8lbs of boost on Pump gas Jared at Boondocker has been on the snow with it allot (all boosted miles) and was still on the snow last week when I talked with him and said the new head is working flawless.

New pistons duel ring and heavy skirts

New ECU reflash

Also DET light will now be turned on and DET thresh holds are changed and will adjust to different levels of DET 3% 6% and 10%

Now I am not sure if this is EPA compliant that is something I was not able to find out yet.

Cardiac Kid

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2001
I'm a little surprised about this rumor. They lowered the compression in the 09 to solve the 08 issues and I got about half the life, twice, out of my 09 update that I got out of my 08 original build. I never did see any clear indications of detonation on the pistons so I wonder what that will solve. The heaver skirt and dual rings should cool the piston more so in effect you would think we should be able to add a little compression without detonation. Again I will just be sitting here waiting for the solution. I guess if we knew what the probem was we would understand the solution.

H
Nov 26, 2007
havre, montana
i am wondering if those that got 09 setups done last season will now get another setup???

also if those of us with 1500 miles of scuffed piston 08s dare take em in til you know you will get it back to ride??? i can see it now, its all tore apart and the pistons,head,ecu,inj,etc. are back ordered:mad::mad:

M
Mar 14, 2008
MI
Polaris fix= A two piston holder on the belt guard instead of plug holders... Bail Now while you still have your money. Polaris had a big fix after the 08's so I bought a sp, what a screw job that was..... 3 times down and polaris says dunno what to do.. Be smart and run far away!!!

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
I'll wait. I love my sled when it runs good. You Cat people better get your flea collars for this season!

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
118 is correct I was just funnin above, there's a couple threads out that tell of the lower compression making more HP. Lower comp plus head design, i picked up a 09 in the crate and the turbo is on the way, hope cat sells a few thou so We can spank em! like to change my name to doowacker what do ya think?

T

TREE MAGNET

Oct 28, 2008
ST. MARIES
Dual ring piston? more piston drag! Lower compression head? less cylinder pressure! Does that mean there horse power ratting is going to be farther off? I do like the dual ring piston idea, but is it going to hold up to boost? Poo needs to think about the people running turbo's. Since thats where the market is turning. lol! The lower compression head i'm not sure about i ran a 11.0-1 compression head on my pump gas kit and still had piston problems? I guess I'll just ride since I can swap a set of pistons in about an hour & a half after last year!!!

A

augerin

Nov 26, 2007
Granite Falls Wa.
Dual ring piston? more piston drag! Lower compression head? less cylinder pressure! Does that mean there horse power ratting is going to be farther off? I do like the dual ring piston idea, but is it going to hold up to boost? Poo needs to think about the people running turbo's. Since thats where the market is turning. lol! The lower compression head i'm not sure about i ran a 11.0-1 compression head on my pump gas kit and still had piston problems? I guess I'll just ride since I can swap a set of pistons in about an hour & a half after last year!!!

See, Poo is just trying to get all us up to Cat mechanic standards. We have a ways to go though. My buddie can change pistons on his cat in about 45 min.:D

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com

I never had a single piston problem with the turbo on the old pistons. The only issue I ever seen was the voltage reg as far as being on boost and that was not a piston problem just a bad signal to the ECU and from all the dealers I have talked to it seems to only be 1-40 sleds that have had this issue.

Also like I said in my above post Jared at Boondocker has been running the 2010 Poo and Cat for a few months now all boosted miles right out of the crate with no issues no more lag and more boost on pump gas.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST

On the bold.

seanmray@yahoo.com

He does the $100.00 mod to your stock head, tighter squish and "Top Hat" shaped dome and LOWER compression. This is the head that DYNOTECH Jim tested a few months ago that yielded a 2 h.p. gain , surprisingly even in the mid-range.???? They made around 156 h.p. +/- STOCK with a PC III LEANED OUT ON TOP ONLY. www.dynotechresearch.com

I'm still a little skeptical, but I think I'll pick up another stock head and try this mod on my 2007 D-7 this season, and do some back to back testing.

Last edited:

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Can't remember where but i believe it was in Dyno Tech where they checked a head done by Bikeman where it was just less compression then a head done w/less comp and a tophat design and both actually pulled more HP but the top hat was really impressive to the fact that the HP numbers now approached the the original 154 we first heard of. For what ever that's worth

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho

3200 boosted trouble free miles this year... (boost levels from 8-15 lbs all year mainly 12 consistantly) i'd say they hold up to boost just fine... w/ the lower compression head it will hold up even better

Premium Features