• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

picture?

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Go with a $5.99 can of spray paint, dont want to make it it too pretty or you'll be too scared to roll it down chutes ! :face-icon-small-con

Apex hoods dont fair well. lol

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
Go with a $5.99 can of spray paint, dont want to make it it too pretty or you'll be too scared to roll it down chutes ! :face-icon-small-con

X2. Don't make it too purty to ride.:face-icon-small-win

X

XTremist13

Oct 12, 2008
Central Alberta
PICT0496_edited.jpg
did this one for a buddy .

well if this was done with a spray can, its looks as good as anything else ive seen (at least in the picture) id like to do mine in some type of blue though, but the design is sweet.

P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
the blue looks sweet! thats a fiberglass hood from cr i think . i sprayed that with a proper primer , base coat and clear . the paint alone came to around 120$ . Id look into a wrap , mine lasted 2 seasons .

X

XTremist13

Oct 12, 2008
Central Alberta
have any pix of the blue, cause thats what kind of a scheme ill be doing, blue and black.... and when you say it lasted 2 seasons was that due to it being rolled etc or that after two seasons it started to fade or something?

N

Nor-val

Dec 12, 2007
Armstrong, British Columbia

I made mine fairly pretty and I believe it has rolled out of every chute in boulder and turtle .........:face-icon-small-con . My paint has held up awesome, but I have seen some hoods peel off pretty quick. I believe its all in the painters prep and paint. I have seen some nice paint jobs come out of NM's shop, and the expensive part was the flats of Buddy Lite ..............

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
I took both of Mike's Apex's on trade including that one. The panels were effed by the time I saw them. I don't think you can get the same flex out of chrome paint as normal. I've painted the panels on several sleds since then and great success with other colors. Could have been workmanship also.

LL

HAHA i dont know about that buddy. Mike was persistent to get up a chute and rolled that thing more in one hour then most do all year . Every panel, hood, and tunnel took a extreme beating that day. One thing for sure i have not seen a nicer looking Apex besides his and Earls since.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
I made mine fairly pretty and I believe it has rolled out of every chute in boulder and turtle .........:face-icon-small-con . My paint has held up awesome, but I have seen some hoods peel off pretty quick. I believe its all in the painters prep and paint. I have seen some nice paint jobs come out of NM's shop, and the expensive part was the flats of Buddy Lite ..............

The Nytro's fair alot better in a rollover, the Apex explodes on impact. Except for Renders, that $&@t, his always stays intact. :face-icon-small-dis

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
HAHA i dont know about that buddy. Mike was persistent to get up a chute and rolled that thing more in one hour then most do all year . Every panel, hood, and tunnel took a extreme beating that day. One thing for sure i have not seen a nicer looking Apex besides his and Earls since.

I saw them both at BIS and I like Earls the best by far. Anyone have a pic of Earls ?

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
No pic of it here. It was black and chrome. Order the boost vid from veedy alot of the two sleds talked about are in the video and shows when Mike had a few good wrecks with his. This was one of my favorite sled vids made.

Premium Features