• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

P0387 Crankshaft Position Sensor

P
Feb 4, 2008
Cle Elum, WA
P0387 Crankshaft Postion Sensor - 2 - Shorted to Ground

Has anyone got this code? Just got it last ride and now the shot doesn’t work but seems to run fine. Thought I would ask here before I bring it in to the dealer.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
had that happen on my ‘20 Freeride. shot worked only when the crankshaft happened to be in the right position which wasn’t often. the new owner got it fixed and told me they replaced the crankshaft position sensor.

straightup

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Rigby Idaho
It is the sensor under y pipe on front of water pump. Two bolts hold it down connector is a pain to get apart. Have to remove y pipe to get it changed. Just did my 23 lynx works perfect now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
Confirmed it solved my problem (P0387).

As @straightup mentioned, it’s the sensor that sits on the front of the water pump right underneath the y-pipe. It’s held on by 2 bolts that take a 3mm Allen.

I was able to skip pulling the y-pipe (gen 4) by pulling the muffler and reaching in right next to the recoil on the right side. I pulled the pipe to access the plug and remove/replace the zip ties holding it in place.

Swapping the sensor did not require any kind of reprogramming/relearning, it just worked. Hope this helps!

Premium Features