• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Overheating Problems in Marginal Snow?

MTNTK

Premium Member
Nov 5, 2009
Ashton, ID
mtntkperformance.com
Looking for the ultimate solution for your overheating problems in marginal snow conditions? Let’s face it, with a 3" track marginal snow conditions are any time you are on the trail! By installing the MTNTK performance Tunnel Cooler you will double your cooling surface area and coolant capacity. We started with a fresh design and had our own profile made because the other coolers on the market do not fit the tunnel properly and do not allow you to put the rivets back in the correct locations. This cooler is very simple to install and requires no cutting or welding to your original tunnel cooler. All connections are made between the fuel tank and the air box to maintain a stock appearance. This tunnel cooler is available in a 5 foot length for maximum cooling or 3 foot length to increase cooling without the 5' weight penalty. The 5 foot cooler and added coolant capacity totals an 11 pound gain, but the cooling cannot be overstated. The weight is far less noticeable than being stuck on the side of the trail with an overheat. With the 5' cooler you realistically maintain a 125 deg engine temp even when going down the trail. The 3' cooler will dramatically reduce temps and for most sleds it will be the solution you have been dreaming of. The engine runs much better when the heat is managed properly and you only need to be concerned about hyfax lubrication which is easily overcome with the use of the factory "scratchers". It is a liberating experience to ride without your engine overheating. We have been told that overheating on the trail is something that you have to live with because of the "modern" design of mountain sleds. This is simply not true. The weight wars on sleds has been beneficial at making sleds easier to ride and more capable but the cooling systems have become ineffective. These coolers are the answer you have been looking for.

Tunnel%20Cooler.jpg

The MTNTK Tunnel Cooler is now available and ready to ship!
Click the link below to order today!

https://www.mtntkperformance.com/engine-performance/polaris-pro-rmk-tunnel-cooler

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Looking for the ultimate solution for your overheating problems in marginal snow conditions? Let’s face it, with a 3" track marginal snow conditions are any time you are on the trail! By installing the MTNTK performance Tunnel Cooler you will double your cooling surface area and coolant capacity. We started with a fresh design and had our own profile made because the other coolers on the market do not fit the tunnel properly and do not allow you to put the rivets back in the correct locations. This cooler is very simple to install and requires no cutting or welding to your original tunnel cooler. All connections are made between the fuel tank and the air box to maintain a stock appearance. This tunnel cooler is available in a 5 foot length for maximum cooling or 3 foot length to increase cooling without the 5' weight penalty. The 5 foot cooler and added coolant capacity totals an 11 pound gain, but the cooling cannot be overstated. The weight is far less noticeable than being stuck on the side of the trail with an overheat. With the 5' cooler you realistically maintain a 125 deg engine temp even when going down the trail. The 3' cooler will dramatically reduce temps and for most sleds it will be the solution you have been dreaming of. The engine runs much better when the heat is managed properly and you only need to be concerned about hyfax lubrication which is easily overcome with the use of the factory "scratchers". It is a liberating experience to ride without your engine overheating. We have been told that overheating on the trail is something that you have to live with because of the "modern" design of mountain sleds. This is simply not true. The weight wars on sleds has been beneficial at making sleds easier to ride and more capable but the cooling systems have become ineffective. These coolers are the answer you have been looking for.

Tunnel%20Cooler.jpg

The MTNTK Tunnel Cooler is now available and ready to ship!
Click the link below to order today!

https://www.mtntkperformance.com/engine-performance/polaris-pro-rmk-tunnel-cooler

Best mod out there, especially when you guys shorten your tunnel.
I have the 5’ on two sleds, wouldn’t be without one.

Nov 27, 2008
Ahhh crap they had a sale, I checked for sales on the track and rails I need and I thought I checked on the cooler but I must have missed it somehow???

Last edited:

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Ditto to what TRS says, I have lost 17 lbs the last two years of riding and my efforts have been reduced and my sled really likes it! "Two Handed Pushaways" really work!
Tony, I am trying to get up to Cody this summer and will stop and look you up and buy coffee or whatever. PM me with your shop address and phone if you would.
George Twitchell
gtwitch in wyoming

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Not as important as using both hands to push away from the table until season starts. Your sled will be happier with the additional cooling and you will be in much better shape. Just saying.:face-icon-small-hap

What's funny is, I posted in another thread about Polaris putting the bulkhead cooler on the Pro-RMKs for better cooling and got hammered for even suggesting adding that minimal amount of weight........

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
What's funny is, I posted in another thread about Polaris putting the bulkhead cooler on the Pro-RMKs for better cooling and got hammered for even suggesting adding that minimal amount of weight........

My 174 never gets hot if I run scratchers and I run the ported snow flap. I would not want the extra cooler. Funny no one ever mentions the other downside with the cooler. Try riding a Cat and you will find out. If you get stuck, the track pulls snow over and passed that cooler, it partially melts the snow as it passes and dumps the slush in front of the track to quickly set up and make a mound that can be almost impossible to climb over. Experienced this a few times with a front tunnel mounted heat exchanger.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY

You won’t get that from me, Polaris started marginalizing the cooling system starting with the PRO purporting a “weight war”.

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
I tried to post a video of riding my Mtn Tek turbo with the large tunnel cooler on a raining September day but it won’t upload. Stayed around 122 temp. Rode it around to prove a point to a buddy about the cooler. It’s nice not worrying about your scratchers and overheating.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
GREAT COOLER I run there kit on my 174" and it stays 120 pretty much no matter what with 1/2 cut off the flap as well, trails, marginal snow, mud, whatever.... and with 12 psi boost screw the weight gain lmao :face-icon-small-coo:face-icon-small-coo:face-icon-small-coo:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features