• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

Online Shopping...

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
I do buy a few things online - I also try to support my local retailers/dealers when the cost difference is reasonable. Tonight I ran home and loaded my sled on the deck for what should be one of the best rides of the season. Forecast is for a blue bird day and we have a lot of untracked snow over here in SW Idaho. Once the sled was up on the deck, I gave it a once over and ended up looking Murphy straight in the eye. Front track shock locking ring came loose on the last ride and the adjuster backed off - so ended up losing the top retainer. I called Carl's Cycle (damn I am lucky to live in Boise) and they did not have one in stock...... Lucky for me, I have been doing business with them for a while (maybe that mattered, maybe not) but they told me to head their way. By the time I got their they met me in the parking lot with a retainer so I could ride tomorrow. Humbling to think that they hung out and rounded up a part just so I could ride tomorrow, there was no money in it for them (I did leave a tip).

Getting ready to call it a night so I am ready for tomorrow, but wanted to share my thoughts. Driving home from Carl's made me think about the future of our dealerships and how lucky I am that we still have them.

Cheers/Ride Safe/ have a great season,
Chris

Last edited:

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
My dealer is Weekender Sports in Hotchkiss, CO and they bend over backwards to make sure I stay up and running. That shop is awesome! Support your local dealers when you can! I too buy a few things online but for the most part I run everything through their shop. When I had family in over New Year's we broke an A-arm on 2014 Pro - ya know the ones with the glue together A-arms - we all remember those. I ran down to the shop, they didn't have one in stock and they spent a good half hour scrounging around coming up with one that would fit. ( a 2020 RMK EVO a-arm fit, wouldn't cha know? ) We were back up and riding that afternoon. You can't beat a good dealer!

Premium Features