• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oilreturn on "front mounted" Nytro turbo

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Im searching for pics. of the oil return hose routing on a Nytro with "front mounted" turbo (Ulmer, Alpine, Impulse).
Its kind of tight between the Engine and the cast sides.
On "mountaintech:s" build he grinded and drilled the casting but how is it done on the Commercial kits ? i want to use a fairly large hose.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
alpine mounts there turbo up just above motor & drains into the cover,same place as pic but diff drain.impulse drains into the case on the oil tank side there is a threaded access,because there turbo sits lower will find a pic for yah.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Im searching for pics. of the oil return hose routing on a Nytro with "front mounted" turbo (Ulmer, Alpine, Impulse).
Its kind of tight between the Engine and the cast sides.
On "mountaintech:s" build he grinded and drilled the casting but how is it done on the Commercial kits ? i want to use a fairly large hose.

I went through the CF casting because there was too little space IMO to route the line properly any other way, without compromising the line over the long term. If you try and route it between the CF casting and the engine it will rub at various places over time. I recommend using a -10 (5/8") hose.

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
I ended up going through the casting, did not feel ok with it rubbing and the sharp bend it would have the other way.
Used the same hose MCX uses for their Viper Kit, cant remember the size now.

I went through the CF casting because there was too little space IMO to route the line properly any other way, without compromising the line over the long term. If you try and route it between the CF casting and the engine it will rub at various places over time. I recommend using a -10 (5/8") hose.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Couple of pics. -10 hose to give some internal volume. Has worked flawlessly since install.

100_4010.jpg 100_4011.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features