• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OFT racing - Turcotte post relocate

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
OFT racing - Turcotte post relocate

Who is running one?

What is the feedback?

Does this convert a cat to Doo style steering?

Reduced steering effort?

Those that have been around it please fill me in.

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
Yes it is basically like a skidoo setup, gets rid of vertical post and ball joints. A lot better feel, no slop, I run a 4" riser, CRF bars with 2" rise. I am 5'10" and it's perfect, lay the riser back inline with post and it will be about an in forward from what you have now

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Are most of the guys that like it former doo riders?

Truthfully, I have never been a huge fan of the doo feel but I am sick of the cat steering setup lots of fail points creates a sloppy system. So I am debating converting and adapting.

I
Sep 23, 2016
What do you guys mean when you say doo style? I rode my buddies 16 free ride 137 last yr...you mean to tell me itll boon dock like that had to? Because I didn't like that lol I know hes got the r motion and not the t motion but it didn't feel user friendly to me. I never felt like I could cut it close to anything on that sled

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
What do you guys mean when you say doo style? I rode my buddies 16 free ride 137 last yr...you mean to tell me itll boon dock like that had to? Because I didn't like that lol I know hes got the r motion and not the t motion but it didn't feel user friendly to me. I never felt like I could cut it close to anything on that sled

I would describe it as how the bars "swing" rather than "turn".

Swing as in an arc up and down compared to a flat turn that you get with the cat vertical setup.

R

raggededge

Aug 18, 2008
I am also wondering about this kit I felt like my bars needed to be farther ahead all year last year.

I
Sep 23, 2016
I would describe it as how the bars "swing" rather than "turn".

Swing as in an arc up and down compared to a flat turn that you get with the cat vertical setup.

Ahh I see. Well ill continue forward with the standard post and post forward kit. Thanks!

face-icon-small-cool.gif

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
Is this different than the C3 post forward kit? I thought that was a big improvement on my sled. No more sloppy mess for bars and the positioning was way better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar, spacer isn't as big to push as far forward, but it will never break either. It's a nice simple, strong replacement of stock setup. The steering post is a stock item off the race sled if in remember right? Either way its a nice clean setup and eliminated sloppy steering, potential broken welds, and a little weight. If you want the bars more forward grab a chunk of steel or aluminum some longer bolts and a drill.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Similar, spacer isn't as big to push as far forward, but it will never break either. It's a nice simple, strong replacement of stock setup. The steering post is a stock item off the race sled if in remember right? Either way its a nice clean setup and eliminated sloppy steering, potential broken welds, and a little weight. If you want the bars more forward grab a chunk of steel or aluminum some longer bolts and a drill.

Scratley, is the install pretty straight forward? No clearance issues to work around?

Tyman212

Premium Member
Sep 1, 2012
C3 kits move the bars farther forward (2" or 3") so a curved lower cross bar comes with the kit, the post hits the stock cross bar at about 1" forward.

bopper

Premium Member
Apr 28, 2008
elkford,bc
I don't know about you guys but I kept cracking the spar supports when I ran the post forward on my sled

I
Sep 23, 2016
I don't know about you guys but I kept cracking the spar supports when I ran the post forward on my sled

Man...i dont wanna here this stuff lol i ride my sled like i stole it so this will be an issue for me im sure. Maybe ill just keep my slopped adjustable post in it...

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY

Where were they cracking? I would guess at the top where the it bolts up? Small strip off steel drilled for bolts and I would think problem solved

Last edited:

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Can someone please clarify what parts you need to do it on a 16. I have a fixed post but I dont want to cut stuff up in case I decide to go back.

Can I take mine apart and use my post or do I need the standard post and steering support that would be used on the cats with laydown steering already?

<b>Edit: From reading the thread on the C3 kit it basically sounds like you cannot get this post out of the support without cutting it. So options are cut and ruin it or buy the other parts from cat on top of the parts from OFT </B>

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Can someone please clarify what parts you need to do it on a 16. I have a fixed post but I dont want to cut stuff up in case I decide to go back.

Can I take mine apart and use my post or do I need the standard post and steering support that would be used on the cats with laydown steering already?

<b>Edit: From reading the thread on the C3 kit it basically sounds like you cannot get this post out of the support without cutting it. So options are cut and ruin it or buy the other parts from cat on top of the parts from OFT </B>

Correct. If you go this route buy the black triangle piece for a 4 stroke or the standard PCs with the non vertical steering. These will not have the vertical post hole. I can't believe anyone would hack the post off the fixed vert post setups. Would be a super easy sale.

N
I run the OFT kit on my '16 after I bent the stock steering system (which I didn't like anyways) and it has been awesome! Would never think about going back.

I cut the stock post because it was bent like I said, but yes on a fixed post sled you have to get the piece from a 4 stroke or rr to run this post. It's stronger, less complicated and makes the sled handle so much better once you get used to the change.

OFT's kit doesn't change the bottom cross member at all so if it breaks, it would've pure stock as well. C3's kit comes with a weak replacement which is what people have been breaking and replacing with 3/4" aluminum round stock bent to fit I believe.

I think you can even get another half inch on top of oft's kit without causing issue with the stock crossmember, I am 6'2 and I think just an extra tiny bit forward with 4" rise and boondocker 2" bars would be perfect.

You WILL NOT regret getting it, believe me.

Oh side bonus OFT comes with nice billet parts that won't cause issue like the stock crap.

Premium Features