• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Odometer/speedometer off on M7

dgreet77

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
So last year I noticed that my speedo/odometer seemed to be off on my '05 M7. I saw my speedo hit 120 a time or two when I definitely was not doing 120, but still moving right along. Also on a 50 mile ride, according to a couple buddies' odometers, I was reading more like 70 or 80 miles.

The sled was extended from a 141" to a 153" by the previous owner, would this make the speedo/odo be off? Or does the sled need a ECU reflash or something?

Its not really that important to me, and the sled runs very well minus a couple of clutching issues. So its fine except for I'm racking up more miles than I really should be on my Odometer. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks!

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
sounds like its kms , the 141 and 153 are both 3.0 drivers even then it would not be that much of a diff

Last edited:

Bushpilot

Lifetime Membership
Sep 27, 2005
Change out the speed sensor it will fix your problem

dgreet77

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
I am pretty sure its not on KM as the odometer reads in miles, I could check though. I actually don't have a book for my sled so don't know how to operate all of the buttons. Can anybody explain to me how/what they do or point me to where I could find this??

Also I did find the max RPM feature on the sled, but every time I tried to use it it just read 4500 RPM's, which of course is not correct. Does anybody know how to use this feature? Thanks!

dgreet77

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
TTT.

Wondering if anybody can explain to me how to switch my speedo/odo off of KM/h and back to MPH since I don't have a manual?

And how to use the MAX rpm feature as well?

Thanks!

Premium Features