• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

North Shore Where to Ride???

N
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
We are planning a family trip to the north shore later in january or february and will probably staying in Lutsen. We have a trail map for the area and it looks like plenty of trails to ride but we are looking for some off trail/logging rodes to ride. Are all the logging rodes open to riding in that area or any other opening along the trail? Or is that all off limits for riding? This is our first time riding in that area and want an enjoyable trip.

Thanks!

218 Country

Lutsen Is An Awesome Area To Shack Up At..
They Just Got Pounded With Some Pow Up Around That Area Too So Its A Good Time To Go.
All Riding Restrictions Are The Same Through Out Mn. You Can Ride Loggin Roads If Their Not Posted For Tresspassing. Cant Ride Roads And Just Be Respectful

N
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
You Can Ride Loggin Roads If Their Not Posted For Tresspassing. Cant Ride Roads And Just Be Respectful

I'm sorry, I don't quit understand what you just said. We can ride logging roads, can't ride roads. Uhh???

We picked the Lutsen area because of all the shorter trails, so if my wife and her mom want to go for a short ride they can, and it looks like there are alot more logging roads in that area than others which is great if we can ride them.

Thanks!

N
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
Awesome, I noticed looking at elevation map it looks knida hilly in that area, are there any hills to climb or is it mostly woods except for the roads and trails?

Thanks!

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN
Awesome, I noticed looking at elevation map it looks knida hilly in that area, are there any hills to climb or is it mostly woods except for the roads and trails?

Thanks!

Very few open areas. It is a real nice area if the sled traffic isnt too bad. i rode from Silver Bay to the Canandian border one year. Beautiful country.

G

gordo1

Dec 3, 2007
schroeder, mn.
open areas to climb hills

the area is loaded with hills to climb just not too many open areas. best thing to do is just look for some hills that are covered in maple trees, that's about the most open area you will find. there is usually enough room between the maples to blast through them. just look out for rocks and stumps. and when youre riding along an old logging road and see that nice open field to play in remember it's probably loaded with stumps and other junk that eats a-arms and bulkheads!!

N
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
gordo thanks for the info! Are you talking from experience on those a-arms and bulkhead??? We are definatly looking forward to the trip as we have never been up there in the winter time.

N
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
Well I won't eat any a-arms! I'm still runin a trailing arm sled. Thanks for the heads up on the clear cut areas, We will definatly stay away from the open areas that were obviously clear cut.

Premium Features