• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

North Dakota Jobs??

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
WRONG!!!

Refer to post number 22. started by m8magicandmystery. he started it. and you cant bring up the arguement of "shut your mouth if you dont like it" because everyone on this forum responds when they dont like something somebody said. we all do it. but now you know it was started by m8magicandmystery.

steepanddeep Quote" My companies hiring as fast as they can, say the word and ill tell you who to call."Quote

Willikers snowmobilesrme...why are you still here..??...ya got the job..??..now scat and prove yourself...the time for talkin is over...start walkin..!!!

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
my next question is will my experience in operatig excavators and ither equipment and my experience building baracks and being hilti certified help mu start pay any? Or is it more along the lines of with no experience in the oil fields you start at the lowest rate?

oh looky here,,,now your negotiating...roflmao..just get your butt on those rigs and they will see what ya got...gonna miss ya on this forum till ya get your first holiday...

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
WRONG!!!

Refer to post number 22. started by m8magicandmystery. he started it. and you cant bring up the arguement of "shut your mouth if you dont like it" because everyone on this forum responds when they dont like something somebody said. we all do it. but now you know it was started by m8magicandmystery.

hmmm...paranoia....better get that looked after before ya get on the rigs...you could hurt someone..

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
WRONG!!!

No he's right.... Your responses are sooooo arrogant and you're completely unaware of it. thats why you get so much negative feed back from people.

Hey look everybody, I've done everything and I know everything. I was that guy once too in my early 20's. I had a convo with a friend and mentioned that If 32 yr old me met 22 yr old me that I would hate 22 yr old me with a passion.

Just food for thought:popcorn:

togwotee9

The Baconator
Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2008
Council Bluffs, IA
judging1.jpg

R

RMKNV

Jan 3, 2011
Reno,NV
Well said pointerman
I grew up there and own a little property there. I was there in Oct., it's not same Mon-Dak.. Not in a good way either.
Don't believe the hype.
Good luck rockin the bakken.

S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
No he's right.... Your responses are sooooo arrogant and you're completely unaware of it. thats why you get so much negative feed back from people.

Hey look everybody, I've done everything and I know everything. I was that guy once too in my early 20's. I had a convo with a friend and mentioned that If 32 yr old me met 22 yr old me that I would hate 22 yr old me with a passion.

Just food for thought:popcorn:

If u look at my posts you will see that a few times i have said i havnt done everything. me stating the things i HAVE done isnt saying ive done everything. not even close.

that being said, i am more experienced than most 23 year olds out there.

that being said, i still dont know everything, and i still havent done everything.

and m8magicandmystery, theres things i have to take care of in my home state. responsibilities and bills. im also going to take my brother and his daughter and and wife. his boss keeps dickin him on pay and hes got a family to raise so im gonna help him get his ducks in a row as well.

R

RMKNV

Jan 3, 2011
Reno,NV
Sleeping in tents??? Hahaha!

Woke up this morning to -20F in central ND. I'm a bit skeptical about tenting it.

-20! F my tits! To cold to work.Time to whisky up. Let r Buck.
I don't miss that arctic chit one bit.

To funny, tenting in the arctic of ND.
Good luck with that frosty.
To bad there is not enough snow to build an igloo.

N

NDflatlander

Nov 21, 2007
Jamestown, ND
Watch out in Williston the big boys are using lil boys like you as their love toys! Watch out or Bubba will have you sucking on your thumb and maybe something of his as well.

The veteran rough necks don't like guys with your never wrong attitude. You'll find yourself laying in the middle of the badlands as cat food if you walk onto a rig or into a bar with the same attitude you have on SW.

You sure have done a lot to talk the talk, but why not grow some balls, fit that gianormous head out the door, and get your azz to work?!?!

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2009
okay, so this:

http://nd.craigslist.org/apa/2769910896.html

is in st. marie montana, about 2.5 hrs from the oil fields. i understand thats quite the drive.

ive been on my own since as soon as i graduated, so i do know my fair share about what lifes about. trust me, ive experienced alot for my age. please just accept it, and trust me on that, im not in the mood to go into great detail right at the moment. im not here to argue about how grown up i am. just know, im very grown up for my age, and it would be pointless to express your doubts, because you dont know me, and i can tell you anything online whether you end up believing me or not.

but guess what? they have to be compensating for the housing shortage with at least shelters. a good number of jobs i came across provide housing. so like i said, housing isnt the issue for me. theres many options the way i see it.

i like how this thread has gone in completely different direction. haha. its okay though, its entertaining.
wronge oil field

R
Aug 16, 2011
Idaho Falls
Pointerdog's post was the most informative & no frills, tell it like it is that's been on here. & so are the others from people actually living & working there.
I got a call this morning from a lady friend who's good friend is a foreman for a road const. co. working out of Fairview MT. He told her yes, there's a chit load of jobs. But most of the respectable,(Interperate,global) cos. such as Halliburton.com & calfrac.com do very intensive background checks on prospects & not just any shmuck is gettin' hired.Also, owning yer own vehicle is a must,,none of this crap of depending on your roomie or buddy to get you to & from the job site. He said both these cos. are starting out at $20- 25 hr. Housing IS provided, as is meals & laundry services. But it's 16 hr. days, 2-3 weeks on & 1-2 weeks off.( I don't care how bad azz snowmome thinks he is, that's BRUTAL!).
I'm 51, & kind of a scrawney fart so wildcatting is definitely out of the question for me...I don't have the youth or the horsepower for that stuff.But he did pretty much guarantee me work building roads when the weather warms up. He's offering good pay, & his co. does have housing. ( It was a balmy 12 below last night he said). I'll just kick back for now & see what transpires in the next couple mths.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
So I've been hearing alot about the North Dakota job market exploding.

Im very interested in completely re-locating to North Dakota for full time employment.

The job I am currently in is in sales, income from that follows me wherever i go.

I want to expand my horizons and work in the construction industry since i have years of experience in the field, and i enjoy it.

I am used to working 10-14 hours a day, so hard work is not a problem

I have experience building baracks for the army, scrapping whole entire navy ships ( the USS Mississippi, and the USS North Carolina. Both bought as a whole, and scrapped out by my family's scrap business, Lee's Re-use Inc. )

I also have experience on heavy equipment, boom lifts, and skidsteers, and forklifts.

I am Hilti certified and have operated various power tools, including plasma cutters.

I understand North Dakota cant hire enough people fast enough.

Does anybody know of anyone anywhere in north dakota that is hiring for the oil companies, fraking, general labor, heavy equipment operating, etc?

or know of a contact number i can call?

I have many reputable references upon request, and obviously a well rounded resume. this is not a resume, i am just looking for advice as far as who to go to, or who i can contact.

If i do not know how to do something, i have the ability to learn fast, and do it efficiently.

thank you in advance for any input.

Andrew.

You scrapped out the North Carolina?

Doo they know about this yet?

http://www.battleshipnc.com/

It looks like a well oiled machine - ready to go to sea and be used.
Untill you git inside of her.

OH BOY - she be dated!

Last edited:

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
lawl.
And CHIT thats pretty good money! Hardazz work though I can't imagine working 16 hour days hell I worked 13 hours once at a job almost as difficult as construction and I was ready to sleep for a day!

Premium Features