• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No BS how are the 2013 motors doing?

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
13 runs great. Perfect throttle response. No bog (like my 11 had periodically). Holds 8300 - 8400 RPM in long steep pulls in deep snow (Carl's Clutching Kit). No oil pump adjustments unless dealer did it which I doubt. I am not going to do it either. It is getting enough oil as far as I can tell. If not, that is why I have the 4 year warranty.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
650 Miles on my 13, no issues.
Runs strong and no bog anywhere on the throttle.
However, after about 500 miles, I noticed it has the odd bog stumble after a warm start up when I start off, but it dissapears quickly (10 seconds).
I did not have this type of bog on my 12 (780 miles no issues).

Mine does this too.

J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
For what it's worth my 2013 pro 800 has been more reliable than my 2010 m8 in the engine department. Over 1600 miles on my 2013 and at 1500 miles my "bulletproof suzuki" broke a piston. Both sleds box stock.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
2013 PRO-R 800
1,574 miles, pull the rope & go

Still the original belt & plugs
Oil ratio is light at 80:1
Been adding oil to the gas
Still runnin' the RICHER fuel map (ETHANOL mode)

Last month we flew out to West Yellowstone & rented from Hi-Mark in town
They have (9) 2013 800's in their rental fleet
3,000+ miles on all of 'em and he said NO PROBLEMS with the engines, drive-shafts another story.......................................

Last edited:
E

Eivel

Nov 16, 2010
Norway
My '13 Pro limped back home running on only one cylinder saturday.

Replaced spark plugs on the snow, but still wouldn't run. Checked for spark, ok. Both plugs was wet from gas. Checked all connectors for moist, all ok. Sled is at dealer, will hopefully hear whats wrong tomorrow.

And the worst part, we have had a terrible season here, crappy snow conditions, but last week it snowed like crazy and we had a solid 70cm of fresh on top. Bluebird day, cameras out, and the Poo dies... sigh...
Sled still in dealers shop. Wont run on PTO cyl. (does randomly fire)

Swapped ecu, coilpacks, tps and checked compression (good).
Most likely a bad injector, gone reeds or (not likley!) a twisted/spun crank.

I will hopefully get it back this week, or at least get a report on what is bad.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
655 miles. All good.

QD belt has more deflection in it now than before. I can pinch it in and out pretty easily.

I can lift it off the top pulley, but not enough for the belt teeth to come out of the cogs or slip.

J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
655 miles. All good.

QD belt has more deflection in it now than before. I can pinch it in and out pretty easily.

I can lift it off the top pulley, but not enough for the belt teeth to come out of the cogs or slip.

It shouldn't be that loose. Did you check your jackshaft bearing???

E

Eivel

Nov 16, 2010
Norway
Sled still in dealers shop. Wont run on PTO cyl. (does randomly fire)

Swapped ecu, coilpacks, tps and checked compression (good).
Most likely a bad injector, gone reeds or (not likley!) a twisted/spun crank.

I will hopefully get it back this week, or at least get a report on what is bad.
I hope this i not a trend with the Fuji crank, but i was gone on the PTO side..
Dealer replaced it today, will pick the sled up tomorrow and give it a try.

Will try to get som pics if possible.

E

Eivel

Nov 16, 2010
Norway
mountainhorse:

Sorry for my bad explanation, my english is not up to par :face-icon-small-blu

Yes, my dealer replaced the crank under warranty.

Not sure how to explain this, but the crank had twisted/spun on the pto side, making the timing way off on that cyl.
They said this was very rare, and last seen at their shop in the good'ol "carb-days".

Didn't get the pic, shop was crowded and their "work area/garage" was closed saturdays..

Anyhow, picked the sled up today and took if for a test. Ran flawlessly :face-icon-small-win

S

SWITCHMAN

Apr 25, 2012
Hudson, WI
1600 flawless miles on my '13 SBA, Indy Dans balanced Tied Team clutch kit, 22/40 gears and Rush Performance Package. Beats any stock sled(etecs included) and I weigh 80-100 lbs more than any one I ride with. Runs like a top!!! Can't wait for next year.

Premium Features