• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nextech xm float convertion or raptor ace kit

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Toms has a good rep but never did ride on of his kits.

I did the SHR brackets and Elka shocks. Had a couple early season rides and like it. No real deep days so no great review on that but the shocks are a big step up over stock.

yamiman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
ND
Raptor XM-ACE. Floats don't work. (Real world experience.)

I agree, Had Toms setup last year. Great rear suspension other than those floats. I had the evol fronts too and just dont like them like a coilover. Personal preference I guess. This year Im running the Raptor Ace rear on my T3 and have to say its a very nice piece.

2012 CONCRETE ELEVATOR 080.jpg 2012 CONCRETE ELEVATOR 079.jpg 2012 CONCRETE ELEVATOR 082.jpg

Evanbcx

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2015
Newfoundland
I agree, Had Toms setup last year. Great rear suspension other than those floats. I had the evol fronts too and just dont like them like a coilover. Personal preference I guess. This year Im running the Raptor Ace rear on my T3 and have to say its a very nice piece.

You running the raptor ski shock setup to

yamiman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
ND
I'm thinking I might go with the ace setup

Another option is Toms elka kit. Looks to be a real bargain for that setup. Toms rear suspension really is sweet too I just couldnt get it setup to my liking on a turbo.

Evanbcx

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2015
Newfoundland
Another option is Toms elka kit. Looks to be a real bargain for that setup. Toms rear suspension really is sweet too I just couldnt get it setup to my liking on a turbo.

I think Im going to order the ski shocks And the centre shock this year amd then the rear ace kit next year once the dollar gets better

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Has anyone ever run the Nextech mods or full carbon suspension? Price is certainly much better and the full skid looks totally trick, but never seen one run or a proper review of one. I am not in the market , just wondering about the Product.

Evanbcx

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2015
Newfoundland
Has anyone ever run the Nextech mods or full carbon suspension? Price is certainly much better and the full skid looks totally trick, but never seen one run or a proper review of one. I am not in the market , just wondering about the Product.

Powermodz on YouTube has some videos of it

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
Im not a big fan of floats either, but I had Toms suspension and was very impressed by it. Works very well. One nice thing about it too is that his weight claims are actually accurate (which is rare in the sled industry!) so you lose quite a bit of weight too.

Curious to hear real world reports about the raptor setup. Looks really nice.

Evanbcx

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2015
Newfoundland
Just got off the phone with jake and ordered the raptor front shocks gonna get the ace kit and the centre shock kit next season

curt

Lifetime Membership
Apr 29, 2008
Testing

Hey guys good chat going on here. The xm kits are awesome and customer feedback has been great. We work a little different than some companies by testing real world for a long time before pushing the product. Maybe we never really push because marketing is not our strong point. (ok we suck at marketing!) (just love designing)This idea makes for slow growing but a long lasting market. Those of you that hate floats probably have not tried them since very early models or some OE stuff that they cheaped out on internals. The rear is were they really shine with all the awesome goodies on the fluid side plus the most tune-able spring available. Cheers, we hope to have more info reviews and vids soon.

There is my first post of the year. Maybe one more later. Ha Ha
Thank you Curt
NEXTECH
www.carbonsled.com

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
That really is a shame you guys are the closest to me.
I would support you if I knew enough about your product or even just that you have product for my sled.
So instead I spend 2500 bucks in someone else suspension shop.

Evanbcx

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2015
Newfoundland
That really is a shame you guys are the closest to me.
I would support you if I knew enough about your product or even just that you have product for my sled.
So instead I spend 2500 bucks in someone else suspension shop.

What suspension are you running

Premium Features