• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New

B
Aug 13, 2022
California
New to the group and hopeful you'll be willing to help me out. I'm at a loss for solutions. '07 crossfire 800 4500 miles. Starts and runs great, but most of the time have no gauge, headlights, or tail light. Then occasionally it all pops on for a short bit and back off again. Visually inspected wiring and harness and all is well. I'm not too savvy with electrical items so its all a learning game for me. The fact that it goes in/out gives me hope but I'm worried about driving it and frying something like the ECU if its the VR/CCU that's going bad? And, no lights doesn't keep things safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Unplug taillight harness above brake and see if issue goes away, not uncommon for short in taillight harness. Check hood wiring up to guage as well for any issues. Another hidden spot is the main chassis ground behind coolant bottle that is extra nut added to back of upper steering hoop bolt. Guys try to remove that bolt without first removing ground nut and ruin the wire. Water in the CCU can also cause issues and last of all you might have a bad stator or CCU. Check things in that order. Rare for the stator and CCU to fail as you are describing.

J

jarred kale

Jul 21, 2022
USA
New to the group and hopeful you'll be willing to help me out. I'm at a loss for solutions. '07 crossfire 800 4500 miles. Starts and runs great, but most of the time have no gauge, headlights, or tail light. Then occasionally it all pops on for a short bit and back Kodi off again. Visually inspected wiring and harness and all is well. I'm not too savvy with electrical items so its all a learning game for me. The fact that it goes in/out gives me hope but I'm worried about driving it and frying something like the ECU if its the VR/CCU that's going bad? And, no lights doesn't keep things safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How did you sort that issue

Premium Features