• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need Snowmobile/Snowbiking Info

M
Nov 29, 2017
My name is Glenn, and I live in Boulder County, Colorado. I am a total neophyte when it comes to motorized snow sports. I'm principally an off-road motorcyclist. I'm posting here because I need your help in becoming more familiar with Snow Machines and Snowbikes.

I sit on the Board of Directors of an organization called COHVCO (Colorado Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition www.cohvco.org) and serve as their Newsletter Coordinator. COHVCO is an advocacy group that defends and lobbies for preserving motorized access rights to public lands.

For our upcoming (Winter) newsletter, I'd like to base it on a theme about motorized offroading recreation from December until May every year Motorized Snowsports is a quickly growing segment of the OHV sport and I'd like to learn more about it.

So I need some tips about contacts, organizations, riding areas and other aspects of the sport.

I realize this is a rather broad request, but any advice you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
I moved you to the Colorado Sub-Forum to give more of a local response.

My name is Glenn, and I live in Boulder County, Colorado. I am a total neophyte when it comes to motorized snow sports. I'm principally an off-road motorcyclist. I'm posting here because I need your help in becoming more familiar with Snow Machines and Snowbikes.

I sit on the Board of Directors of an organization called COHVCO (Colorado Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition www.cohvco.org) and serve as their Newsletter Coordinator. COHVCO is an advocacy group that defends and lobbies for preserving motorized access rights to public lands.

For our upcoming (Winter) newsletter, I'd like to base it on a theme about motorized offroading recreation from December until May every year Motorized Snowsports is a quickly growing segment of the OHV sport and I'd like to learn more about it.

So I need some tips about contacts, organizations, riding areas and other aspects of the sport.

I realize this is a rather broad request, but any advice you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
You need to talk to local Snowmobile clubs. The state organization is the Colorado Snowmobile association. They are the group that works for snowmobiles specifically. Sounds like you are replicating what they already do.

actually your website already lists Colorado Snowmobile Association.

If you are available tonight and tomorrow, there are two large club parties in Eagle tonight for the Holy Cross Powderhounds and one tomorrow in Summit for the club in that area. They would be great places to network out.

M
Dec 26, 2008
Colorado Snowmobile Assn

State Organization has all the local clubs listed. We (Pikes Peak Highriders) donate money each year to your organization.

Contact regarding snow machines

Thanks for your help.

Visit Grand Adventures, Colorado. Grand Adventures provides you the best snowmobile machines and other winter park activities.
Check out the link : https://www.grandadventures.com/snowmobiling/snowmobiling/

Premium Features