• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help with measurement! 2013 RMK question....

C
May 23, 2012
Hi guys! I hope this is ok to ask this question in this forum? I had a complete 155 suspension given to me out of a 2013 RMK Pro that I would like to use in a project sled that I'll be building. Can someone please help me with a measurement? I'm looking for the measurement from the front swingarm bolts, to the end of the tunnel, not the end of the bumper. I'll be using Skinz running boards, bumper and snow flap on the new tunnel and need to get the tunnel length correct.

Thank you in advance everyone! :)

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
If no one gets you the measurement by tomorrow I will grab a tape and slap it on the 2015 800 Pro 155, should be the same as the 2013 (have a 2013 600 Pro also but it is harder to get at)...

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
You talking the Front Transfer Arm skid mount bolts to the end of the tunnel? A more crucial measurement would be driveshaft to front mount. I can run out to the shop as I am balls deep working on a fridge that crapped out this evening. I also started a thread a long time ago on HCS about mounting mountain skids in IQR's. I was using 144" IQ RMK skids, but they still have pretty much same measurements. I will see if i can find it.

Found it, its 8 pages and has some good info. Think I was drinking more back then so don't hold my stupid comments against me. haha.

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/354-440-race-modified/452877-mounting-rmk-144-skid-iqr.html

Last edited:
C
May 23, 2012
Thank you sledhed and The Bob. :)

A little more about my project... I'm replacing the entire rear section of a 1993 Yamaha EXciter II, with a carbon tunnel and installing the RMK 155 skid into it. I have experience with mould building and vacuum carbon fibre parts building, so it should make for a fun project. I know... Why that machine?... Because it runs like a top, never giving me an ounce of trouble and I love the way it looks. Now it's time to get it floating through deeper snow!

The Bob, your link is FULL of useful info, thank you! :) I'll be using the CR Racing suspension adjustment bracket which should help placement of the front arm. I work in the logging industry and will soon have about a month off to work on the carbon tunnel. I want to be 100% sure I get the tunnel length correct so I can move onto the new carbon seat platform etc. I'll be posting pictures in the build forum once I start on the tunnel making.

Thanks again for all the help! I greatly appreciate it! :)

Last edited:
C
May 23, 2012
Sledhed, that's fantastic, thank you! :) I'm anxious to get started. Watch for the new post in the Build threads! :)

Last edited:

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
If you need a measurement from drive shaft to front suspension shaft bolt I can probably get a pretty close measurement there too... glad to help...

C
May 23, 2012
That would help out a lot! :) I was able to get started yesterday on preparations for building the new tunnel regarding length and taper. I'm going to start building the buck for the new tunnel this week. Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated!

Connor

C
May 23, 2012
Thinking about it now, if it's not too much trouble, could you measure the bolts down from the top of the tunnel also?

Thanks! :)

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Sorry, didn't get it done today, if someone else does not help you out I will get the measurements for you Monday after work... sled is out in the top-cap trailer and it is pouring rain now...:face-icon-small-sad

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
At long last...

Here are the measurements I took:

1. Rear suspension bolt center to top of tunnel (external top, not inside tunnel): 9 and 3/4 inches
2. Front suspension bolt center to top of tunnel (again external top, not inside tunnel): 6 and 1/2 inches
3. Drive axle bolt to front suspension bolt center (note that this is a bit rough since I had to measure through the footwell vent and try to hook the tape on the bottom quickdrive bolt then hold it in place as I pivoted the back of the tape measure towards the front suspension bolt): 9 and 1/4 inches

Also, if I take the tape measure with the tab hooked on the bottom quickdrive bolt and pull it back towards the rear suspension bolt but keep it straight over the front suspension bolt, the point at which the tape measure crosses the vertical line between the rear suspension bolt and the top of the tunnel is about 3 inches below the top of the tunnel. In other words, the rear suspension bolt is about 6 and 3/4 inches below an imaginary straight line drawn from the quickdrive bolt through the front suspension bolt and straight on to the back of the sled...

If you need this last number to be more accurate I think I can get my wife to hold the tape measure in place as I mark the location on the tunnel above the rear bolt, but it is dark now, if that number is not that critical to you then I won't worry about it. Just trying to establish the relationship between the center of drive shaft and the two rear suspension mount points since they are not lined up...

Premium Features