• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

need help please with nytro

M
Nov 27, 2007
Fort st. John B.C
thanks for looking i am in need of some help my nytro lost all power twice now it will shut down & there will be no power to anything so i checked fuses & wires & found nothing then it started & i rode for the rest of the day this happened two different times.my dealer is no good to me they are out of business & the local yamaha shop could not carless about my problems because i did not buy the sled from them like the wire harness problem they have they did not mention it to me untill mine wore through & exposed two wires & caused all kinds of problems for me which i had to fix myself so i might as well have no warrenty sorry for the rant but i just need to vent i crossed over from doo to yamaha & have had a lot of problems with my yamaha & no help from dealer:face-icon-small-fro

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
On Yamahas, the kill switch curcuit cuts all power to the sled. It is a normally closed curcuit, so if you have a broken wire to the kill switch or a bad switch.There will be no power to the guage, ECU, fuel system etc.
Also I believe there is a main power relay. It could be intermittantly making contact, causing a problem. Couple things to check anyway.
BTW, if the sled is still under warranty, the dealer SHOULD be fixing this for you. Dosn't matter if you bought it from them or not. If the Yamaha dealer is located in the same country as where the sled was sold. They are required to honor the factory Yamaha warranty. Dont let them give you any BS, if they do call Yamaha customer service and let them know how you are being treated.
Yamaha will want to know if they're customer's are being taken care of.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
sounds like you have water in one of your electrical connectors. This is why it does it off and on. I bet it runs fine after it sits after a days ride for awhile. start pulling connectors and put some dielectric grease in them.

W

woodies

bet you its the ignition switch connector right by the fuel tank, about a foot from key. mine did the same thing i ended up cutting the connector and used a different one. start sled and wiggle the connector around will show you if its same deal. good luck

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
mac you need a better dealer. make sure to check out www.totallyamaha.com
(goto the 4 stroke section), lots of good people and answers to most questions/problems over there.

i be you are having a starter relay issue now. it is the relay right above the oil resivoir tank in front of the brake rotor on the right side of the sled. it is about 40 bux from yamaha. there is a few threads on this on TY in the fx nytro mtx section. common issue with the fx nytro. ski

Motleyone

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pullman,WA
Double check yor negative battery post screw is TIGHT, happened to me twice, same symptoms you describe.

Happened another time as well (impulse turbo), had a pin hole, and I mean a pin hole size breach on my fuel pump line to the rear fuel pump. It runs under/beside the fuel tank to the rear/stock fuel pump. The sled would start with me standing beside it, once I got on and sat down it would lose all fuel pressure and die and of course would not start with me sitting on it. The pin hole was letting the wire ground out to the tunnel. Before I figured out the issue I had it at a dealership for over 2 1/2 hours and they could find nothing wrong.

Is it cold where you are at? Relays usually stop working for one reason, they freeze up. It is not the only reason but it is a main one. Up front you have 4 relays, 3 are identical. The third one from the nose of the sled is your fuel pump relay. Try swapping it out with the first one. I cannot remember what the front one is for but I do remember it is not critical to the sled running. I think it is the fan relay.

thanks for looking i am in need of some help my nytro lost all power twice now it will shut down & there will be no power to anything so i checked fuses & wires & found nothing then it started & i rode for the rest of the day this happened two different times.my dealer is no good to me they are out of business & the local yamaha shop could not carless about my problems because i did not buy the sled from them like the wire harness problem they have they did not mention it to me untill mine wore through & exposed two wires & caused all kinds of problems for me which i had to fix myself so i might as well have no warrenty sorry for the rant but i just need to vent i crossed over from doo to yamaha & have had a lot of problems with my yamaha & no help from dealer:face-icon-small-fro

M
Nov 27, 2007
Fort st. John B.C
it's not cold here 0 to +8 & i did most of the connections with dielectric grease. the last time it quite i think the ignition wire was the last one i touched before it starded i will have to check it again & wiggle it around & check the negative cable. thanks for all your replies it gives me somewhere to start looking.my answer from the dealer was never seen that happen before & that was the answer for all my problems (drivers worn out,wire harness rubbing on front mount,hand warmer quite,left foot getting wet i had to make my own plate to solve problem most of the problems i find on these web sites then tell them)

P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
not sure if this happens to stock sleds but my main harness connection screwed up on me one day . the main power wire were the Pl box plugs in came out of its hole and would kill the sled . it happend 3 times before i found the problem . just took the wire out of the connectors and hard wired it across, no more problems

S

seano700

Dec 10, 2007
Peace River, Ab
Key switch

bet you its the ignition switch connector right by the fuel tank, about a foot from key. mine did the same thing i ended up cutting the connector and used a different one. start sled and wiggle the connector around will show you if its same deal. good luck

X2 mine did exactly the same thing.. Same problem too, one of the pins came loose inside the connector.. Easy fix once found.

Premium Features