• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My Matryx Boost 155 2.75" Review

T
Oct 16, 2017
So 210lb geared up rider at 10k riding mainly tech trees/steeps and goofing on lips you’d recommend boost pretty easily?

J
Dec 15, 2021
Victor
I do. That said, a good buddy loves his 9R at that elevation, he's probably 185 geared up and coming from an Axys / Silber that was really well setup.

I think for you it'd really come down to how much you ride in deep snow vs setup snow.

T
Oct 16, 2017
Yeah that’s a tough one. Generally always find some fresh on any given day but truly bottomless deep days might be lucky to have 5 a year. May look for a boost next season if I can get back on my feet and keep my 850 as a backup

J
Dec 15, 2021
Victor
If you can keep your normal 850 as backup, I'd say go boost and if you have cash left over just throw a Carls kit into that 850. Its basically the same thing sans the lighter crank.

Also, random, but just to update this with some "BREAKING UPDATE" - the 2.75" track is starting to show some premature wear. I'm an idiot, but I'm already seeing some cuts/partial lug loss that seems a bit quick considering I haven't been riding on stumps/rocks as much as usual this year (good snowpack).

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
If you can keep your normal 850 as backup, I'd say go boost and if you have cash left over just throw a Carls kit into that 850. Its basically the same thing sans the lighter crank.

Also, random, but just to update this with some "BREAKING UPDATE" - the 2.75" track is starting to show some premature wear. I'm an idiot, but I'm already seeing some cuts/partial lug loss that seems a bit quick considering I haven't been riding on stumps/rocks as much as usual this year (good snowpack).
Yeah the 275 is paper mache.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
The way the commentary was laid over the video I kept thinking you were just talking along while riding and thought you must be in awesome shape as you never got out of breath or frustrated when your line didn't pan out.

T
Oct 16, 2017

That expensive loctite 404 worked to patch my lug that split in half

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Put a Lynx 3” track on your boost and you’ll never want anything else. We’ve been blessed in Utah this season. Pretty much every ride had been a deep powder ride.

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Good review - Glad you were able to find the sweet spot on the suspension. I would have just told you a 165 Khaos was the answer but sounds like you got both of best worlds.

The one point I disagree on is SnowCheck. I think we all need to snow check and we all need to back out so we can come back around and pick em up even cheaper in the spring. Lets pour some fuel on this fire. :LOL:

J
Dec 15, 2021
Victor
Put a Lynx 3” track on your boost and you’ll never want anything else. We’ve been blessed in Utah this season. Pretty much every ride had been a deep powder ride.
I may end up doing this and keeping the ole fire breathing dragon for next season. (instead of getting something new for a crazy amount of worth-less-tomorrow greenbacks)

Premium Features