• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My 2024 Ski-Doo Summit-X Build.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
The colour is quite different in person then in the video or brochures, IMHO not nearly as nice, but in 22 it was paired with orange which makes it gross!!

Thats where personal preference comes in. I loved the 22 color combo. But orange and tan always seem like polarizing colors to many.

But the 22 was the same way and I agree with you on that. Looked very much different in person then in the spring order catalog when it first came out.

gun-driver

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 26, 2011
I mean I did the same, brought the build in.

But I watched her just re-create the build on the BRP webpage or some dealer version of it minus all accessories. and not order any accessories, and they are not on my build.

They told me they cannot order accessories until they have the VIN. Said they will order them when they get the VIN. But I will probably have to remind them.
If they write a quote now, they won’t be able to hit you up for any price hikes on the accessories next year.
So they would either have to get the acc. in now and have you pay for them now or eat any price increase when ordered for next year.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
If they write a quote now, they won’t be able to hit you up for any price hikes on the accessories next year.
So they would either have to get the acc. in now and have you pay for them now or eat any price increase when ordered for next year.
Rexburg Motor Sports took my order for all accessories and did not ask me for a down payment or pre-payment.
Said to pay for all of it when I take delivery on the sled next Fall.

gun-driver

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 26, 2011
Rexburg Motor Sports took my order for all accessories and did not ask me for a down payment or pre-payment.
Said to pay for all of it when I take delivery on the sled next Fall.
Did they give you a total which will be due when the sled comes in to include the ordered accessories ?

A
Jan 4, 2015
Canada
You will get NO ARGUMENT from me on that, but it is what the sled comes with.
I swapped out the grips in hope of mediating some of that.
If you use the ODI snowcross grips, even on the small "expert" handlebar, they are fatty and super grippy. Too fat for me actually. Will use the OEM accessory grips again next year.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
I wonder why so many others appear to NOT be doing the same?
Beats me, I don't think my dealer has ever allowed accessories to be ordered during snow check.

It would be nice, now I have to hound them and remind them to order them before my sled comes in.. especially this time since there is 750 bucks from brp to spend on them.

Christopher, maybe your dealer is just doing that part for you? ( like they should ).

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Beats me, I don't think my dealer has ever allowed accessories to be ordered during snow check.

It would be nice, now I have to hound them and remind them to order them before my sled comes in.. especially this time since there is 750 bucks from brp to spend on them.

Christopher, maybe your dealer is just doing that part for you? ( like they should ).
I suppose its possible.
But that has been the case for every snow check I have submitted to them over the years.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
If I was buying a Doo I would doo almost the same. Wouldn't bother with the big expensive gauge or the goofy hand gaurds but otherwise great build! Way to go Christopher.
The big gauge is a calculated risk on my part.
I strongly suspect BRP is going to release some major updates to that chunk of Glass.
So I am buying it with the expectation that we will discover NEW FEATURES as yet to be announced.
If that does NOT come to pass, then I agree that its not needed and just a waste.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
The big gauge is a calculated risk on my part.
I strongly suspect BRP is going to release some major updates to that chunk of Glass.
So I am buying it with the expectation that we will discover NEW FEATURES as yet to be announced.
If that does NOT come to pass, then I agree that its not needed and just a waste.
Buddy got one and was thoroughly disappointed and won't do it again until they promise the buddy tracking and better menus. He said it even takes 5 screens to navigate through just to reset the trip meter. I even had reservations on getting the big gauge on the Polaris because it is not easily transfered to my next sled. Lots of bucks for one or two years use. Hope it adds to resale.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Buddy got one and was thoroughly disappointed and won't do it again until they promise the buddy tracking and better menus. He said it even takes 5 screens to navigate through just to reset the trip meter. I even had reservations on getting the big gauge on the Polaris because it is not easily transfered to my next sled. Lots of bucks for one or two years use. Hope it adds to resale.
I suppose I am in a unique position though.
I buy the sleds so I can get out there and write and comment about them.

Resale value really has no bearing at all on my decision making process.

Premium Features