• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My 2011 ProRMK ride report with pics

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Ryan... I have a sneaking suspicion that you would excel at jeopardy...

You probably have already tried this sled... but If you haven't... you are in for a treat.

I'm a skeptic...in general... the test ride made me a believer that a sled mfg can make a sled that works... right out of the box.

It was good riding with you in Alpine... I hope to run into you again soon.... Missed you on my visit to Harris in IF with Dean and Allen.

P

paularis600

Mar 1, 2008
Illinois
thanks for the report. I and couple buddies were in Eagle River Wi. and they had a demo ride set up their. stopped in and was told no ride unless you were invited. stopped at local dealer (new salesman working their). he said that he could only invite three people and had to be done in advance. two days before we rode doo's with no invite. two in the group were very interested in buying next year. how do they expect you to buy when they over demo rides but cant get on one?! funny thing-a total of 6 of us pulled up to the trailer- ALL on POLARIS sleds. the guy said Polaris has to make these sleds make it to all demo rides-thats why limit on people riding. and didnt have a whole lot to say about sleds to us. needless to say he got a little rubbing from us, and we made sure he saw what we rode in on. one of us turned the key to a sled and boy did the guy come flying around trailer. walked over and turned off sled. is this what you get when your a POLARIS loyalist? All that coin i drop on them.
rant over-again thanks for report-will be advancing to my buddies.

WestMont

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Florence, Mt.
Another ride report,

First I would like to give thanks to Curtis Friede (Kurt's Polaris) and Polaris Industries and their reps for the opportunity to ride the new 2011 PRO-RMK.

It was also cool seeing riders of all brands invited making up a good cross section of rider input.

I echo a lot of the comments already posted as the PRO-RMK exceeded my expectations of what we know as the "out of the box" sled and then some.

It was very noticeable to see the vast improvements in the ease of steering jumping from the 2010 Dragon to the 2011 PRO-RMK but the one thing that stands out more so than any other "out of the box" sled including Polaris's of the past is the suspension package. Very very smooth and easy on the back and legs. As others have said the sled itself is ridged throughout the frame structure and therefore you can really feel the suspension working.

One thing though I did find my knees hitting the cowling from time to time while sitting down ripping down the trail as I seemed to try to move to a more forward position but whenever standing everything was now in the right spots. Footing, handle bars, cowling not in the way, good center of gravity, etc... Maybe others didn't notice this but as for the back country riding style of standing not sittiing as I know most who are buying these this probably won't be an issue.

For us that do most of the maintenance on our own sleds this sled is a lot more maintenance friendly. You can now replace just about every part and piece if need be instead of assemblies like the whole bulkhead or tunnel and in a fraction of the time it would have taken in the past. Also the dealer repairs should be and I'm sure will be a lot quicker saving the consumer a lot of money in the hourly rates, fixing your sled quicker, and getting you back on the snow.

The PRO-RMK has good power and its getting it to the ground where you need it. Quite a few guys I rode with commented that they would want one if they came in a 163" as the ones we were riding were 155" but even for a 155" they stayed on top of the snow and get around quite well. I would bet other track length options will be available

To sum it up I would say the PRO-RMK is nimble, smooth, easy to manuver, has good power, and was a great pleasure to ride. It's sure to get you where you want to go.

I would have to say performance satisfaction guaranteed for those who choose to have one. :face-icon-small-ton

Thanks again Kurts Polaris and Polaris Industries.

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
oooooohhhhhhh!!!

Nice report, thanks westmont
I'm gettin one for sure....

oh yeah,,,,

there's a little brown on your nose,,,,,,,,,,,,, there,,,,,.......

j/k

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
BTW, in the DVD they gave out they forgot to blur out the 163 on the sled that is on the lift stand.

That is the same vid that is on YouTube right now.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
What makes this sled so much better to ride than the Dragon/IQ?

Weight Drop?
Shocks?
Geometry? didnt think that really changed....
Rider Position? Has that changed?

Just curious if anyone has an opinion as to what is making this package better? or is it just the entire package?

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
huh

sure as chit, there it is 163!

I didn't happen to see that the first 75 times I watched it, huh!!!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I'm pretty sure the grey sled is the Assault.
And it is obviously coming in something longer than a 146 this year. I'm betting 155.

Justin, I can't explain it. It's lighter and it FEELS lighter to ride.
Geometry and center of gravity are REFINED a lot.
Those shocks kick arse. I sailed through chatter at 65mph that I don't try above 40mph on my 06 600ho IQ RMK.

Ride position...you fee like you are on top the gas tank more...but not like you are on an XP at all. Not that much. It steers more smooth (similar in geometry but differently) than the IQRacer.

I can't point to anything ONE thing...it just seems well put together in a great package. I got off of that sled and thought..."Dang that was GREAT. What was it that was so much better? I dunno, but it sure is better. All of it." LOL

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Been told they'll be on the Pol website tonight about 8:00.

Premium Features