• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My 2011 ProRMK ride report with pics

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I can't remember if I mentioned...I totalled 30.7 miles in about 2.5 hours.

Rode hard.

It does WELL in the tight trees.
You don't have to worry about ski steering and using mtn bar and that whole deal.
You ride this with your body, and not your arms.

Lean and go.

I think the best part for me was when I was out on the lake whippin chitties or hooking "U" turns, I could tough my shoulder on the snow without putting both feet on one side of the seat.
I cranked some great turns and never felt like it was gonna dig in and lay over.

Shane Hart did some GREAT ones too and I never saw him chasing his sled down. :)

Whippin chitties while strattling the tank is pretty cool.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
HAHA, Chappy.
I think I should sell Missy's sled and get her one of these. Yeah, that's how it works. LOL

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
BTW, THANK YOU CURTIS FRIEDE and Kurt's Polaris for inviting me to be part of this.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Excellent pictures Scott. Kind of neat to side by side compare the new sleds with the current models. You can see a big difference in snow accumulation on the boards, and the new sleds seem not to sag as much, even with you guys sitting on them. Any opinion on the new foot boards and toe holds? How was the new steering set up?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
The outter tube on the running board was HUGE!!!!!
I can't see that think drooping very easily.
There is a lot less steel on these and way more alum, but it is VERY rigid. A lot of guys commented on that when going through the whoops and chatter.

I have to say, I too could feel the suspension working a lot more when it was this rigid.

The steering was really smooth.
I heard someone say it was somewhere inbetween a REV and an XP.

I dunno about that cause I don't have enough time on those two to compare, but I can tell you it was a step closer to the style of XP steering from the Dragon, but still more like a Dragon than an XP. If that makes any sense.

Keep asking questions...it helps me to remember everything.

I'd cut down my bars and make them an inch or two narrower...but I'm 5'8".

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I know guys were talking about rider fatique. They really felt like they hadn't worked as hard and put out as much effort to work the sled.

The front bumper is NOT plastic. It's VERY sturdy. When I got on my sled today I noticed that it already hit a tree pretty good... Curved it in a little (there was tree bark still on it), but it sure didn't damage anything.

The holes in the running boards are NOT big enough to catch a toe in. Not at all. They are turned up around the edges to cut that snow and ice and it falls right through and out when you stomp down.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
LED taillight. No light bulbs. :)

XP style dash guage. The diff is that you don't have to stick your hand up there to adjust it...there are controls down on the cowling by the gas tank.

The one thing I miss about older models is that you can't adjust the display with your thumb up on the bars.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Any guess as to why he didn't use much oil? Did all of the sleds use a small amount or just the one sled?

This might end the endless "which oil is best?" threads!!!!!!!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I don't know enough about the engine to tell you anything, but I'd guess it has to do with injection system and EPA for 2012.

They woulnd't talk about it at all.
All the guy did was say "see how much oil it has used in two days.

BY THE WAY: Wingnut: They told me that if you wanted to go with taller lugs then you'll have to change the drivers...even if you want to go with a Camo Extreme....(It has the 2.4 track on it now).
I didn't get a good look at how much room was in the bulkhead before we left.

Last week? What the heck? How'd you swing that? You must work for a dealer. LOL

Last edited:

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Last week? What the heck? How'd you swing that? You must work for a dealer. LOL[/QUOTE]

Nope...just got really lucky and happened to be in the right place at the right time:face-icon-small-hap

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Cool. Good for you.
You'll have to PM me.

One of them told us today that only 200 people will get in on this demo program this spring....so they are wanting the word of mouth to get out and let it speak for itself.

I'm sure there will be someone who doesn't want to like it and someone who does get to ride one who will put it down and bash on it...but hey, opinions are like mother inlaws and everyone has one, right.

Well, this thread is MY opinion mixed in with some of the info and facts they are telling us.

IMO, it is speaking for itself.

S
Any pics or better yet, video of someone changing a belt? Looks like a real PITA. :face-icon-small-dis

DSC008552009Feb2010.jpg

If Polaris can keep the gremlins out of the motor, they could knock this one out of the park. Frickin' sweet looking sleds.

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
ya did good!

There WILL be ONE on the deck for next year.

If Curtis has any love for me there might be TWO.

An XP is currently holding the second spot.
I can't even find the number 2011 on Arctic Cat's site,,,,, WTF?

Poo is notorious for tight clearance of the track past the bulkhead, wonder why? Do they see no advantage of clearing everything through a little easier?

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
It's a long shot, but maybe rumors of the DI engine are not too far off. If the Polaris guys keep stressing how little oil it is using that could be a good sign of DI. I hope much doesn't change for production. I know Scott says these are production, but if the engine is such hush, hush, then anything can change.

Premium Features