• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My 2011 ProRMK ride report with pics

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
BTW - none of the Poo guys would say anything about a longtrack version but the videos they gave out show some action shots of a longtrack, at least 163" I'm guessing. The longtracks are grey/black.

So is the Assault. :face-icon-small-sho

S
Dec 15, 2007
Kelowna BC
Thanks a bunch for the pics and the report.Looks like they need the wheel kit on the skid frame[extra weight].Did any of them have electric start?Pro tapers look low like the ones on my 09 dragon,probably need a 2" riser.Can you read rpm and speed at the same time on the new instument cluster?
Wippen chittes as that your slang for donuts as I am the donut master turning 1 inside the other till theres no room left.That was the biggest thing I had to learn on the dragon that I did not have to have my feet on one side or the other to crank it.I just stand neatral and carve it right over,glad too here its even easier.Are those toe hoops adjustable for differant boots?Duz fasteners suck as they only work a few times then wear out or fall in the snow and become lost ,there has too be a better way

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I have to say I absolutly HATED the Dragoons....had one. This looks like a good step for Poo. I hope it works as good as it looks. I will say they need to ditch those Dzus fasteners, go with good old fashioned rubber bungy thingies and hinge the panel so you can get in ther without breaking it off.....hinged at the bottom as it seems to be in the pics, it will get snow in there every time you open it. I see a couple fit/finish details I hope they would address before production. I agree the stock Dragon bars are way too wide, narrow up those bars so you don't have to stretch so far when "hangin' it out". I know your reading this Polaris!!! Looks good!
Thanks for the report Scott!

B

B C

Nov 26, 2007
Montucky
Good report Scooty. I hope they let their dealers have em in the spring like they have the last few years.

Same 2.4 track?
Same gripper skis?

If ya wanna carve w/ yer feet on both sides, just put some lead in yer ***. It's easily done on the M chassis.:biggrin1:

B

burndown

Nov 26, 2007
Missoula, MT
There is also a rubber strap holding the side panel on....I forgot to mention that.
I have to say I absolutly HATED the Dragoons....had one. This looks like a good step for Poo. I hope it works as good as it looks. I will say they need to ditch those Dzus fasteners, go with good old fashioned rubber bungy thingies and hinge the panel so you can get in ther without breaking it off.....hinged at the bottom as it seems to be in the pics, it will get snow in there every time you open it. I see a couple fit/finish details I hope they would address before production. I agree the stock Dragon bars are way too wide, narrow up those bars so you don't have to stretch so far when "hangin' it out". I know your reading this Polaris!!! Looks good!
Thanks for the report Scott!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Still prototypes. That fleet is what they've been using for all the intros this year. They've had a lot more than 200 miles of dudes beating them up, so still being straight and solid is even more impressive.

These actually were manufactured on the PRODUCTION line in Roseau in January of the this year... The chassis is the final edition.. the engine is as well except for the EPA Fuel/Ignition mapping.

I'll have more as well in a thread in the Polaris section... More info and pics to compliment the excellent job Scott did here.

Rode them all this morning... they raise the bar.... that I can say with confidence.

If I can find it... I'll post up some footage of this sled from 2 years ago... Shot, thinking it was the new XP.... all black... As Ryan points out... it has been on the snow for quite some time now. I've been following this for a while.:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-sho

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Not DI... maybe coming in a few years... that would bump the price...

The engine itself is finalized... no HP numbers... no major details.... same basic motor as far as the short block goes. Ran solid... wait for the final versions to make the assessment on the engine... that wont happen in the consumers hands till next season.

It's a long shot, but maybe rumors of the DI engine are not too far off. If the Polaris guys keep stressing how little oil it is using that could be a good sign of DI. I hope much doesn't change for production. I know Scott says these are production, but if the engine is such hush, hush, then anything can change.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Eric I just sent you a PM. ALL of them? LOL

Yesterday I was staning there wondering what else was inside that trailer. HAHA.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I also remember that they said you can PICK your windshield height when you buy your sled.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uMBj99LRHTA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uMBj99LRHTA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Hey can you edit that one? LOL

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
HAHA....that's an $11k forgiveness. LOL

I talk tough, but I would be doing pie charts, graphs, spread sheets and even book reports to get approval.

Good report on the sled... very jealous!!!! the only thing that comes to this neck of the woods is that goofy short track, with the beaver tail...:face-icon-small-dis

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I talk tough, but I would be doing pie charts, graphs, spread sheets and even book reports to get approval.

Good report on the sled... very jealous!!!! the only thing that comes to this neck of the woods is that goofy short track, with the beaver tail...:face-icon-small-dis

Hmmm. I'm taking notes. HAHA

fourthmeal

Administrator
Sep 11, 2008
Idaho
www.snowest.com
These actually were manufactured on the PRODUCTION line in Roseau in January of the this year... The chassis is the final edition.. the engine is as well except for the EPA Fuel/Ignition mapping.

I'll have more as well in a thread in the Polaris section... More info and pics to compliment the excellent job Scott did here.

Rode them all this morning... they raise the bar.... that I can say with confidence.

If I can find it... I'll post up some footage of this sled from 2 years ago... Shot, thinking it was the new XP.... all black... As Ryan points out... it has been on the snow for quite some time now. I've been following this for a while.:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-sho

I stand corrected. They're pre-pros. I would suck at Jeopardy...

Premium Features