• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTNTK anti-stab kit

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
was thinking could run without the outer wheels. what im wondering is if the center wheels can me moved to where i want using my press. It sounds like they are pressed on a grooveless shaft.
mtntk didnt call me back after their lunch break to confirm :LOL:

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
was thinking could run without the outer wheels. what im wondering is if the center wheels can me moved to where i want using my press. It sounds like they are pressed on a grooveless shaft.
mtntk didnt call me back after their lunch break to confirm :LOL:
Avoid the mtntk kit. The bearings are trash. They claim they had a bad batch, but I know of way too many people who have had bearing issues, myself included.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Avoid the mtntk kit. The bearings are trash. They claim they had a bad batch, but I know of way too many people who have had bearing issues, myself included.
Can you provide some details? How long do the bearings last? Was this last year?

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
Can you provide some details? How long do the bearings last? Was this last year?
The anti stab was installed spring 21. Mine made it less than 500 miles. A friend of mine had his go in a similar timeframe. What happens is they seize and then spin inside of the wheel so the whole thing is pretty much garbage.

And in their defense they took care of it and sent me another set. I would buy stuff from them again.

In my opinion the whole thing is a band aid. The rails and tips need to be designed for extroverts from the beginning. Cat has been doing this for years with great success.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
yes, my cat is designed for them and will rarely run on the wheels with the extra curve of the elevate rails. cats kit isnt great either, im on my second axle. But i want to know if i can push the MTNTK wheels exactly to where i want them on that center shaft. I have a weird alignment issue up there im trying to band-aid.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
The anti stab was installed spring 21. Mine made it less than 500 miles. A friend of mine had his go in a similar timeframe. What happens is they seize and then spin inside of the wheel so the whole thing is pretty much garbage.

And in their defense they took care of it and sent me another set. I would buy stuff from them again.

In my opinion the whole thing is a band aid. The rails and tips need to be designed for extroverts from the beginning. Cat has been doing this for years with great success.
Ok ? cool. I’ll keep an eye on mine. I’d install them again cuz they are so skookum.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
skookum is right, i bougt that used one to play around with, its a friggen dumb bell!! Gonna see if i can run just one center wheel and one limiter strap on this cat, Im a wildman i know!

Premium Features