• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mountain Performance Nytro Tunnel Coolers

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana
Hey TMK

You would have to call Van Amburg Enterprises to find out current pricing but off their web page +/-$450.
http://vanamburgenterprises.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=31&osCsid=89ae0541fbd0da6b6c53bef9a4f9ca13

I just recieved mine yesturday and the price was 479 shipped. Upon inspection this unit is very clean and well built. The double pass cooler itself will take up the entire tail section of your tunnel.

According to my scale the entire system weighs 7lbs more (dry weight) than the stock Nytro. I did have it built for a 174, so you might be a bit lighter for a 162.

Last edited:

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Hey Pelon

Thank you for the information. Are you saying that it is 7 lbs. heavier then the short stock tunnel cooler? Also are you planning on deleting the stock radiator or have you already done that as well. It sounds like that is an additional pound or two off the front.

7 lbs isnt a big deal becuase it is down low plus it sounds like it will keep the tunnel cleaner from ice build up so that is also a plus. Please let us know if you run into any issues with the install.

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana
Hey Pelon

Thank you for the information. Are you saying that it is 7 lbs. heavier then the short stock tunnel cooler? Also are you planning on deleting the stock radiator or have you already done that as well. It sounds like that is an additional pound or two off the front.

7 lbs isnt a big deal becuase it is down low plus it sounds like it will keep the tunnel cleaner from ice build up so that is also a plus. Please let us know if you run into any issues with the install.

Yes 7lbs heavier (dry) than the stock cooler.

I have already deleted my radiator and between the electric fan and the radiator the total weight loss was 3.5 lbs.

good luck and I will keep everyone posted on its performance.

C

constech

Dec 31, 2010
Payson, UT
I talked to MPI today about getting my ecu flashed to run on pump gas and asked him if the MPI unit would work with the rear turbos. He said the one I have will not, but that they have a replacement for the type I have that will work with all turbos and gives the same cooling performance. The one I have is being discontinued since they do not want to build several types when one will work. So get ahold of them and get the details so you can compare it to the others on fit, finish and price.

H
Nov 10, 2009
Denver
I talked to MPI today about getting my ecu flashed to run on pump gas and asked him if the MPI unit would work with the rear turbos. He said the one I have will not, but that they have a replacement for the type I have that will work with all turbos and gives the same cooling performance. The one I have is being discontinued since they do not want to build several types when one will work. So get ahold of them and get the details so you can compare it to the others on fit, finish and price.

In other words, they're fixing a big mistake. Their great cooler had limited compatibility and is now being replaced with something that will work over a broader range of applications. Their website needs major work as well.

C

constech

Dec 31, 2010
Payson, UT
Their website is about 5 years behind, they need to hire a web guy and out him to work, but since they have more orders than they can produce I guess they feel it is mute. In fairness they built the cooler to acccomodate their supercharger product. Now that they produce more turbos than superchargers or at least as many they felt the need to produce a product that would accomodate both types.

Premium Features