• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mountain Max issue: difficult to start after being on it's side

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
Hi all,

Just trying to help out a buddy with an issue he has been having.... he has a 2000 MM700 that is really hard to start after being on it's side or rolled. It isn't the usual flooded issue either, if you pull the plugs they are bone dry. If you dump fuel down the plug holes it will fire then die a few times before you finally get it to stay running, sorta like the bowls are empty. The problem surfaced after the carbs were bored out a couple years ago. Any ideas out there?

Thanks!

H

HDEMWET

Nov 19, 2010
i live in swastika, ont. canada
i'm guessing the bowls ARE empty, and they're taking time to fill back up, don't know what you could do to prevent it, can't plug the vent lines that's for sure, i'm sure someone will have some ideas, but i'd say your carbs are dry and all the cranking is filling them back up slowly

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
i'm guessing the bowls ARE empty, and they're taking time to fill back up, don't know what you could do to prevent it, can't plug the vent lines that's for sure, i'm sure someone will have some ideas, but i'd say your carbs are dry and all the cranking is filling them back up slowly

I'm thinking we should dump it on it's side and then pull the carbs and verify the problem......

Ford428CJ

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Make sure you have your float levels right and have good hoses too. That can be a problem too and dont even realize it. That can add to the problems.

Premium Features