• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Monte Cristo from Woodruff

sdmc

Premium Member
Feb 17, 2010
Layton, Utah
Is there a place to park and turn around a large trailer by the Woodruff gate? We are going over to Bear Lake for a few days and want to access Monte Cristo from Woodruff. Thanks.

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
There is a small parking lot that a few trailers can fit in at the gate. My in-laws live in Randolph and when I was there last week there was no snow in Randolph or Woodruff. The gate really isn't up that high so I bet if you unloaded there you would have a fair amount of asphalt before you hit snow.

IMHO the riding up any of the canyons along Bear Lake (Logan, Fish Haven, Bloomington, Paris) is far superior to the riding at Monte. Plus a lot closer.

sdmc

Premium Member
Feb 17, 2010
Layton, Utah
We are meeting some guys coming over from the Ogden side and plan to go to Arb's basin. Can you get over there from Randolph ( old or new canyon) or Round Valley? If so is there any place to park a 27' trailer and turn around? We are going to stay in a cabin on Bear Lakes East side. The trip is the end of the month. Eubank said the high pressure should be gone end of next week and a series of storm systems will come our way.

Last edited:

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
There isn't any parking up old or new canyon. Most years you cant get much past the resivior with a trailer. Most of the locals in Randolph just ride from the houses. You can get to Arbs but you need to know the way. There isn't a real direct route. If there is snow Woodruff would be much much easier

sdmc

Premium Member
Feb 17, 2010
Layton, Utah
Thank you! I ride old and new in the summer a lot to hit Gators. I heard there are sled access trails over by sweet water. Have you ever tried them?

D
Jan 27, 2010
Layton
The east side parking lot on SR39 about 12 miles from Woodruff is big enough for your trailer to turn around in. The hwy usually has enough on it to get to <?xml:namespace prefix = "st1" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place><st1:placeName>Curtis</st1:placeName> <st1:placeName>Creek</st1:placeName></st1:place>, about 7 miles west of the lot. <st1:place><st1:placeName>Take</st1:placeName> <st1:placeName>Curtis</st1:placeName> <st1:placeName>Creek</st1:placeName></st1:place> to Arbs. The entire way is groomed, occasionally.

Premium Features