• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Back Country Skiers Lift Central Oregon

Hello, we are back country skiers and are interested in skiing in areas that is more accessible to sno mobiles. My husband and I will pay for rides to a few places like Broken Top, McCarthur trail, Kwohl Butte. If you are in the area and planning on going to these places and are willing to give a ride to two skiers to, and possibly from, these locations, please respond to the thread. Once again, we will pay for the ride since it will save us at least 4 hours to get to some of these places.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
You used to be able to rent snowmobiles at one of those snoparks on the way to Mt. Bachelor, then you just ride out from there. Kwohl Butte is pretty easy to access from that snopark with rentals.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
Hello, we are back country skiers and are interested in skiing in areas that is more accessible to sno mobiles. My husband and I will pay for rides to a few places like Broken Top, McCarthur trail, Kwohl Butte. If you are in the area and planning on going to these places and are willing to give a ride to two skiers to, and possibly from, these locations, please respond to the thread. Once again, we will pay for the ride since it will save us at least 4 hours to get to some of these places.
do you have any experience doubling on a sled? each person is standing up, one on each running board and not sitting down with the passenger behind the driver. takes some practice especially getting into technical terrain which is usually the deal when trying to get to good ski areas.

Premium Features