• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Modify the seat on 11s/12s?

T

theletup

Jan 3, 2011
Coeur d'Alene, ID
Have any of you done your own seat mods on the 11s and 12s? I was going to buy a 13 seat but realized it isn't any lower that my 11 seat, just shorter. I'm wanting to go with a lower seat so I don't hit my boots on the seat when jumping from side to side. I did a SWEET move yesterday when both my feet got stuck on top of the seat while climbing though thick trees and even though it was only for a second it was pretty difficult to ride like that ha ha almost tagged a big 'ol fir... Brought back memories of being a kid thinking it was cool to ride my bike standing on the seat.

Anyway I was thinking of removing the cover and sawing down the foam and then stretching the cover down tight, staple it and cut off the excess. Anyone done this? Have any tips? i want to bring it down 3" or so.

I know you can buy the aftermarket but where the fun in that? I can buy a lot of gas and oil for $500.

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
Yep, very first thing I did when I got my 12 home last season.

attachment.php

seat.jpg

dohboy32

Premium Member
Jan 18, 2010
Boise, Idaho
I too hacked my stock seat up. I removed the stock cover and whittled away with an electric turkey carving knife. I cut the pan back a little bit to get rid of the point at the back. I then used some left over foam and some 3M spray adhesive to fill gaps and holes. I used a sander to smooth the rough edges and then stretched and stapled the stock cover back on.

It's about 3 to 3 1/2 inches lower and about 5 inches shorter. Much easier to step over/around.

Happy carving!

Craig

IMG_0042.JPG IMG_0047.JPG

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Easy to remove the cover and trim the seat, and restaple cover back on. Way more comfortable sitting too! High seats are crappy...

Premium Features