• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Garage flooring

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Part of my off-season prep this year is to set up part of my garage better for the sleds. I came across these garage tiles and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them with sleds specifically?

Do carbides tear them up? Do they stay put pretty well when you ride a sled in or out of the garage? I have a couple of thick stall mats down right now but the sleds make them slide around quite a bit, even though they're about 80lbs apiece.

Would I be better off buying a couple sets of the caliber ski wheels?

These are the cheapest ones I've found at $1.89/sq ft, other similar ones are more in the $4.00/sq ft range.

Screenshot_20230506_192901_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20230506_192845_Chrome.jpg

jeeper8650

Premium Member
Oct 18, 2016
yes, carbides will gouge them up but just some scratches nothing structural. If you ride alot of trail I suppose it is not avoidable, but if you ride mountain sleds I would just replace the carbides with round bars then the sleds glides of these kinda tiles super smooth. I did the entire garage in mine 3 years ago and it hasn't moved at all and I ride in/out of my garage almost everyday. I also really enjoy how the water drains below them while the sleds melt out.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
yes, carbides will gouge them up but just some scratches nothing structural. If you ride alot of trail I suppose it is not avoidable, but if you ride mountain sleds I would just replace the carbides with round bars then the sleds glides of these kinda tiles super smooth. I did the entire garage in mine 3 years ago and it hasn't moved at all and I ride in/out of my garage almost everyday. I also really enjoy how the water drains below them while the sleds melt out.
I'm fine with it getting a little scratched up, I do have mountain sleds, i just run whatever carbide the sleds come with stock, thanks!

jeeper8650

Premium Member
Oct 18, 2016
I'm fine with it getting a little scratched up, I do have mountain sleds, i just run whatever carbide the sleds come with stock, thanks!
same, there is usually just a sharp blade on certain parts. I take flapper disc on an angle grinder then grind them smooth. Helps keep the concrete in drive from getting messed up when the snow is low too. Then just get round bar when you have to replace them.

idahosledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Pretty sure Dan Adams has these in his shop in Alpine.
They looked good when I saw them last (2-3 years ago) and his wife said they were easy to pull up for any cleaning or whatever.

Part of my off-season prep this year is to set up part of my garage better for the sleds. I came across these garage tiles and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them with sleds specifically?

Do carbides tear them up? Do they stay put pretty well when you ride a sled in or out of the garage? I have a couple of thick stall mats down right now but the sleds make them slide around quite a bit, even though they're about 80lbs apiece.

Would I be better off buying a couple sets of the caliber ski wheels?

These are the cheapest ones I've found at $1.89/sq ft, other similar ones are more in the $4.00/sq ft range.

.garageflooringinc. com/garage/nitro-tiles.html?i=49468&campaign=17343290285&content=&keyword=&gad=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9deiBhC1ARIsAHLjR2CuCqa6Wws3_-T6jrb07LBjorbv1mLLx7jgo6rTSNMJ70nuUjBpTzoaAqc9EALw_wcB garage flooring toronto
While I don't have specific information on the garage tiles you mentioned, I can provide some general insights that may help you make a decision.

When it comes to sleds and garage tiles, there are a few factors to consider:

1. Durability: Garage tiles can vary in durability depending on their material and quality. Some lower-priced options may not be as resilient to heavy use or abrasive materials like carbides. It's important to look for tiles specifically designed for high-traffic areas and that can withstand the weight and scraping of sleds.
  2. Stability: The ability of the garage tiles to stay in place while you ride a sled in or out of the garage is crucial. Look for tiles that have a secure interlocking mechanism or adhesive backing to prevent shifting. Some tiles may also have texture or traction features that can help maintain stability.
  3. Resistance to Sliding: If your current stall mats are sliding around with the weight of the sleds, it's important to choose garage tiles that have good traction and grip. Smooth or slippery tiles may not provide the necessary traction to prevent sliding. Look for tiles with a textured surface or rubberized coating that can help improve grip.
  4. Carbide Wear: Carbides, being abrasive, can potentially cause wear and tear on garage tiles. It's advisable to choose tiles that are resistant to scratching or have a protective layer. High-quality, durable tiles are more likely to withstand the impact of carbides without significant damage.
Regarding the Caliber ski wheels, they are designed to ease the movement of sleds in and out of the garage, reducing friction and potential damage to the flooring. They can be a good option if you're concerned about the impact on garage tiles or if you want to minimize the sliding of your current stall mats. However, keep in mind that ski wheels may have their own limitations, such as potential noise or compatibility issues with your sled's skis.

Ultimately, it would be helpful to seek reviews or feedback specifically regarding the garage tiles you're considering or consult with the manufacturer or supplier to ensure they are suitable for heavy sled use. Additionally, considering the long-term durability and functionality, investing in higher-quality tiles might be a wise decision to avoid potential issues in the future.

While I don't have specific information on the garage tiles you mentioned, I can provide some general insights that may help you make a decision.

When it comes to sleds and garage tiles, there are a few factors to consider:

1. Durability: Garage tiles can vary in durability depending on their material and quality. Some lower-priced options may not be as resilient to heavy use or abrasive materials like carbides. It's important to look for tiles specifically designed for high-traffic areas and that can withstand the weight and scraping of sleds.
  2. Stability: The ability of the garage tiles to stay in place while you ride a sled in or out of the garage is crucial. Look for tiles that have a secure interlocking mechanism or adhesive backing to prevent shifting. Some tiles may also have texture or traction features that can help maintain stability.
  3. Resistance to Sliding: If your current stall mats are sliding around with the weight of the sleds, it's important to choose garage tiles that have good traction and grip. Smooth or slippery tiles may not provide the necessary traction to prevent sliding. Look for tiles with a textured surface or rubberized coating that can help improve grip.
  4. Carbide Wear: Carbides, being abrasive, can potentially cause wear and tear on garage tiles. It's advisable to choose tiles that are resistant to scratching or have a protective layer. High-quality, durable tiles are more likely to withstand the impact of carbides without significant damage.
Regarding the Caliber ski wheels, they are designed to ease the movement of sleds in and out of the garage, reducing friction and potential damage to the flooring. They can be a good option if you're concerned about the impact on garage tiles or if you want to minimize the sliding of your current stall mats. However, keep in mind that ski wheels may have their own limitations, such as potential noise or compatibility issues with your sled's skis.

Ultimately, it would be helpful to seek reviews or feedback specifically regarding the garage tiles you're considering or consult with the manufacturer or supplier to ensure they are suitable for heavy sled use. Additionally garage flooring tampa, considering the long-term durability and functionality, investing in higher-quality tiles might be a wise decision to avoid potential issues in the future.
was this helpful for you?

Premium Features