• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MM Plug Help!!!

T

thierracing

Jan 1, 2010
Fulda MN
Hey i have a 2000 mm 700 triple with slp pipes into a single can. The problem is everytime i carve to the exaust side the plugs foul. I have the snow cover on it but still everytime i put it on that side it loses all power and fouls out! I know there a many guys out there with triple pipes on their mms and theres got to be a solution to this problem, could you run hotter plugs? with out scoring a piston if so what do you run? Or let me know what you guys do to help this problem?! i really dont want to just carve on my left side all the time or stay outa the deep stuff!!! Thats no fun.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Getting the exhaust choked off is a common problem, But fouling a plug from that is not. Sounds like you may be jetted too rich to start with. I would check on the jetting and then build/buy a bigger exhaust deflector to mount under the bellypan in front of the exhaust outlet. Eric

T

thierracing

Jan 1, 2010
Fulda MN
Getting the exhaust choked off is a common problem, But fouling a plug from that is not. Sounds like you may be jetted too rich to start with. I would check on the jetting and then build/buy a bigger exhaust deflector to mount under the bellypan in front of the exhaust outlet. Eric

I have the ATACC system so jetting is not the problem, and yes it doesnt always foul a plug but it looses all power and nearly shuts off!

T

thinksnow

Nov 26, 2007
DICKINSON, ND
I had SLP tripples on my 99MM700 and never had this problem. I had the single can and the stock exhaust deflector. I used that sled in many different types of deep snow and never had the problem.

I wouldn't think the pipes would have anything to do with fouling plugs. That sounds like a carb or jetting problem. I am not familar with the ATACC system so I can't help you out on this one.

T

thierracing

Jan 1, 2010
Fulda MN
I think im going to build a bigger cover for the can. Also do you think air intake could be a factor to this? should i mabey buy some air filters and ditch the air box or dont you guys think that will help?

2DaMax

Jan 27, 2008
I had this same problem and it ended up being my stator had come loose and when I would lay it on the pipe side in the deep stuff it would start losing contact and I would lose power and fowl plugs.

Premium Features