• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

McCall Polaris Dealer goes above and Beyond

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
This last weekend we went to McCall ID...awesome 4 days! ON the first day my friend Bob blew the reeds apart on his Turbo Dragon 800...to think he left spare reeds at home...anyway we took it to Hinsons Polaris. The owner went above and beyond in many ways. The shop was busy and swamped with work and would have been closed the next day.
Mr. Hinson didnt have any reeds in stock but called around to friends trying to locate some spares. LOng story short Mr. Hinson pulled the reed pedels out of his personal sled. He didnt try to take advantage of our vacation delima but was their to help. He had one of his Mech's. stay longer than normal and got the sled in to the shop immediatly! The sled was up by around 6pm in the evening.

Thanks a million to Hinsons Polaris in McCall ID for saving the trip! This was some of the best customer service I have ever seen from any dealer. He was understanding and showed his concern. The way Mr. Hinson handled this from the start was something that other dealers could learn from.

PART TWO..a couple of days later an enclosed trailer pulled in behind me at the Warren Wagon Road trail head. I noticed an Assult that had Fox Zeros on the front end. I asked the owner about them as I am tired of the dead response of my Walker Evans. He was extremely nice and offered to let me take the sled for a spin...He dint know me from Adam..After we both introduced ourselves I found out it was Jack Struthers of Carl's Cycle from Boise. Thanks for the curtesy and offer to try out your sled.

PART THREE: While having Turbo issues we came across a gentleman on the mountain near Wongs Bowl with an Edge Chassis that was turboed also..he must have had a small boat load of spare parts with him for his trip..he offered to assist us with whatever we needed including pistons, cylinders reeds etc..he had it all with him....cant recall his name but thanks to another nice guy.

All in All our trip was awesome with a lot of good snow (just had to get off the beaten path) The people of Idaho everywhere we went were polite and friendly and just down right helpful...

Last edited:
H
Aug 1, 2009
MCCALL IDAHO
Thanks for the compliments! We understand people come from far away to enjoy our mountains. We know without customers we couldn't live in such a great snowmobile area so we appreciate you sledders too. Thanks for the feedback, and for coming to McCall.

B

Blazer

Nov 28, 2007
Elko,NV
Tottally agree

I couldn't agree more when it comes to Hinsons and the people of McCall. I too tore up my sled this weekend and went to Hinsons to get some parts. One of the parts I needed was not in stock and and the guy at the counter (sorry dont rember his name) made a few calls and was able to locate a locall with the part for sale and get me put back together and out on the snow for the rest of our trip. Thanks Hinsons and the people of McCall!!! Heres some pics of our trip.
sledding018.jpg

sledding004-1.jpg

sledding012-1.jpg

sledding002-1.jpg

Premium Features