• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Matryx weight loss

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Agree with both ^^^ I did a helium hood and diamond s can, but thats about $1500 If I didn't have 3 yeas left on my warranty I would of lightened and balanced my clutches

A
Jan 11, 2011
I have a khaos boost e start.
Best bang for the buck was cv customs battery dropped it around 13lbs
Diamond s exhaust next best.
I am really having a hard time getting rid of the hood love the light and storage.
Sl3 skid and shocks were another 20ish lbs.

A
Jan 10, 2023
Oregon
I have a khaos boost e start.
Best bang for the buck was cv customs battery dropped it around 13lbs
Diamond s exhaust next best.
I am really having a hard time getting rid of the hood love the light and storage.
Sl3 skid and shocks were another 20ish lbs.

For all the time and energy polaris puts into making these sleds lighter, why do they cheap out with a standard lead battery. I'd rather they have a good battery in the sled and just add it to the price.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Man, the body weight loss comment gets friggin old... no chit

Address the can first, titanium will be the most expensive but likely the cheapest weight loss per pound.

The hood and 7s are super heavy... you lose storage and headlights, which sucks but if your worried about weight that's the price you're gonna pay.

Remove all the foam you can.

Gets expensive per lb from here... carbon skid and lightweight shocks.

Lightweight rotating parts.

Titanium everything. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Why do people say you lose storage on the hood? The Helium hood has more storage than the stock hood. It also heats the contents way better. I carry 2 pairs of gloves, GoPro, Beanie, 2 spare goggle lenses, and sun glasses on the top compartment alone. The lower one you can use to either dry out goggles or cram more pairs of gloves in there to keep heated. I can understand complaining about no head light but a head lamp is a lot lighter and works way better than a stupid head light.
And I give kudos to Rusty with the weight loss statement. It can't be said enough. USA as a whole needs to put down the fork. I lost 20 lbs for this season of riding. ?

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Most effective and free weight savings is removing the foam, because it holds a LOT of water and takes weeks to fully dry. This has been discussed at length.

Cost per pound of weight savings skyrockets after the obvious $$$-level items like can, battery, and lightweight clutch mods mentioned above.

Don't forget track... run a 2.75" to save pounds over the 3".

Another thing that's not discussed much, but is significant when it comes down to riding, is what you carry on the sled and where. Tunnel bags, packs and bar bags can add up quickly. Carry what you need for emergencies and repairs, and leave home what you don't.

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Either way. There is a decent amount of room in the helium hood, so don't let hood space make the difference. Plus everything stays nice and warm and dry

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
Who has run the carbon skid? Looks like about 4K without shocks.
-Is it really stronger than stock?
-I’m guessing it holds less snow
-is weight loss in the skid as noticeable?
I’ve been interested in this one for years, but haven’t seen many guys with them.

Lobster Carl

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2018
I’ve been interested in this one for years, but haven’t seen many guys with them.
I've been running one in my 19 axys for a few years now. I have broken one front arm that I feel happened from one side of my antistab coming apart.
It does hold a little less ice and snow on the components.
Mine is a 155, 32lbs 12oz with raptor kinetics.
I guess I like the skid. It's kinda got the flex thing going like a skidoo. Not sure I like that much, but maybe it's just in my head.
I'm not sure I'd buy another one again unless I was going to go on an all out light weight build like my 19 is.
If I wanted to save weight in the skid other than doing shocks I would just do the carbon rails with all other parts stock.
A super light weight sled is hard to beat for fun factor.

C
Dec 14, 2020

You don't see many because they're 4k.

Burandt says it's a big difference. Not sure the average guy could really get the most out of it.

But, $ per lb it's not a horrible investment if you want to go light as possible.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Why do people say you lose storage on the hood? The Helium hood has more storage than the stock hood. It also heats the contents way better. I carry 2 pairs of gloves, GoPro, Beanie, 2 spare goggle lenses, and sun glasses on the top compartment alone. The lower one you can use to either dry out goggles or cram more pairs of gloves in there to keep heated. I can understand complaining about no head light but a head lamp is a lot lighter and works way better than a stupid head light.
And I give kudos to Rusty with the weight loss statement. It can't be said enough. USA as a whole needs to put down the fork. I lost 20 lbs for this season of riding. ?

Thanks for the shout out Chilly but I don’t deserve the kudos.

Premium Features