• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Matryx RMK Vent Covers??

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
Has anyone found a supplier who carries frogskinz type mesh vent covers for the Matryx RMK yet?

Took my new boost out for a short break in ride in very light powder and fell on my face 3 or 4 times in left-hand powder turns, when the belt slipped badly. Snow is getting in through 2-3 of the vents on that side and going directly onto the primary it seems... I can only imagine how annoying this will be during a day of mountain riding but I am yet to find anyone online who stocks vent covers for these sleds.

vents.jpg

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
There not custom for 22. So you have to look under universalmesh. They have a bunch of different sizes

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN

There obviously not a perfect fit, bit they will definitely work

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009

There obviously not a perfect fit, bit they will definitely work

Thanks for the info, I’ll give them a try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Maybe read through this thread. There is an easy and inexpensive way to help with this issue . .. cheers!

S
Dec 28, 2009
Has anyone seen a company offering a product for the Matryx hood vents?

How are people dealing with powder ingestion and belt slipping? Its happening to me like crazy on my 2022 RMK 146 slash.

S
Dec 28, 2009
I havnt had any issues. Riding in Revelstoke. Must be the type of snow
Yah its really thin snow fell when it was very cold, its also pretty sugary so just packs in there. I think my only real course of action is get a roll of fogskin and do my best and not making look amateur.

Tjtwenty

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2016
I just bought screen door material, cut it to size and glued it on from the inside. Works very well, took less than an hour and only cost about 10 bucks

20211229_114844.jpg

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
^ ^ Do you think the mesh of that screen might be a bit fine? I guess the point of the screen is to let enough air flow in for cooling, and at the same time, keep the majority of the snow out.

I used aluminum window screen on mine. Completely solved the problem.

Cheers!

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
^ ^ Do you think the mesh of that screen might be a bit fine? I guess the point of the screen is to let enough air flow in for cooling, and at the same time, keep the majority of the snow out.

Cheers!
I've been riding mine with the mess for about two weeks and I haven't had any issues. I would do it again with no worries

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD

Cheers!

Should be good. The Stainless threads are far finer than window screen. I typically use the 400 micron for pellet hops because that breaks down like saw dust. The 200 micron I use for whole hops. When boiling wort (Future Beer) we use the filters like this to keep the hops out of the beer for easy cleanup and you don't get the hops in the bottom of your glass vs the old method of whirlpooling at the end of the boil to keep as much of the hops toward the center away from the outside spigot during transfer to another container. However, if water is not allowed to pass through the mesh screen and mix with the hops to absorb the flavor and acidity (Attenuation), the filter would be pointless. Since water is far denser than Air the mesh will allow airflow in just fine. The mesh is super strong also (more fibers, strength in numbers thing). You'll need tin snips or heavy shears to trim it. I think with either window screen or the mesh, ice and snow blockage may something to watch for. Both will let melting snow (water) through But I know the Mesh won't corrode and my finger wont go through it no matter how hard I try. Probably just trace from the inside of the vent, cut it out 1/8 to 1/4 oversize from the vent and attach with the wives craft hot glue gun with a gorilla glue stick.

1645126949697.png
1645126974650.png

Steep&DeepRider

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2007
Austin, MN
Any word on a kit? I'm concerned with the two events in front of the lights and the two vents on each side panel....

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Premium Features