• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Matryx boost fuel pump

Squirreler

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
So is there an aftermarket available? Does anyone know if the aftermarket axys pump would work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I
Dec 21, 2007
Has anyone figured out what is going on with the boost fuel pump failures? Why is it happening? Is there something we can do to stop it from happening or fix it after it happens?
I'm afraid it will happen to mine when I'm on my big trip and fuel pumps will be on back order by then.
Mine failed today at 16 hours about 280 miles, it starts whining and then cuts out on a hard pull and low fuel pressure warning comes up. Polaris must know there is a problem.

M
Mar 13, 2010
Mine failed today at 16 hours about 280 miles, it starts whining and then cuts out on a hard pull and low fuel pressure warning comes up. Polaris must know there is a problem.
Lost mine as well about the same mileage, sounds like it will take awhile to get one back ordered

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
So my pump whined all day yesterday, this morning we pulled the body work off and the clamp ring that holds module in tank was tight. We pulled the module out and couldn’t see anything visibly wrong, so we put it back together. The pump was completely silent when we started riding this morning. By the afternoon it made a little noise but not as bad as before. Never got the low pressure warning today. Sounds like the pumps are on back order til 4/01/22

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Thanks for the pics of the pump assembly and regulator. Anyone have any more exact details or pics of what vohk is fixing and how they do it?

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
Thanks for the pics of the pump assembly and regulator. Anyone have any more exact details or pics of what vohk is fixing and how they do it?

Pretty sure Vohk is claiming one of these plastic ears on the regulator can come unhooked causing fuel to leak past the o ring, giving a low fuel pressure code. From what I have seen there is more to the issue then just the regulators as many of them have been fine when taken apart. I think it is just a bad batch of pumps, a service bulletin on this would be great.

reg.jpeg

Last edited:
T

tigepoo

Oct 31, 2014
Have any of you guys had your sled become hard to start after your fuel pump started making noise? Mine started making alot of noise today and then the last couple of times on the way back to the truck it would take several pulls to get it to start. Also what temnpature have you guys been at when pump started making noise? I was in 40-50 degree temps today when mine started making noise.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
All you guys with the pump noise, is it just when the fuel gets low ? Thats what we noticed on 2 of them, Top them up with gas and the pump stops making noise. Also with low fuel 30-35% on a climb, they get a low fuel pressure code, until you add some gas.

Last edited:

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
My buddy's was howling again today. More or less full
Only taken it twice and noisy both days. Wasn't a fuel level thing. It wasn't howling right when we left the truck because I was the one running it. Bet it was at 90% when I gave it to him.

T

tigepoo

Oct 31, 2014
My noise today started pretty soon after we started riding and liasted all day. Was above 70%. But it was between 40-50 degrees out. Also tested tonight with sled outside at about 34 degrees and no noise at all.

C
Dec 14, 2020
Pulled it out of the tank and I don't see anything wrong with it. Nut was tight and pressure regulator was fine.

Did you happen to pull the pump out of the bracket and search for numbers?

I've had luck in the past finding just pumps this way. One truck I was able to buy a $38 pump instead of the $350 complete bucket. Couldn't find any reference anywhere until I found a number engraved on the old one.

I can't imagine they reinvented the wheel. Looks like any old wahlbro 60psi pump.

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT
Did you happen to pull the pump out of the bracket and search for numbers?

I've had luck in the past finding just pumps this way. One truck I was able to buy a $38 pump instead of the $350 complete bucket. Couldn't find any reference anywhere until I found a number engraved on the old one.

I can't imagine they reinvented the wheel. Looks like any old wahlbro 60psi pump.
Yes there are other people who did that, but no such luck finding an exact replacement from what I saw.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
It's not just the boosts - my NA crapped out yesterday - high pitch whine all the time and low fuel pressure warning any time I got into the throttle hard. Shut it off, wait a couple minutes, restart and no warning as long as I kept the RPM's down. Dealer said no idea on how long to get a new one - at least it's on order.

Premium Features