• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Matryx 22-23 differences and durability?

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
Old guy here,
I’m Coming from a 16 axys that has been good and reliable… looking at stepping into the modern sled world again.
I get stuck more than I’d care to admit and have to rolll the sled over most of the time getting unsticked.
I am concerned about real world tunnel bending on the new chassis and if it’s kinda common as well as getting schooled on the differences between the 22 and 23. Probably looking at a khaos 155 standard. Thank you all.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
22 and 23 are pretty much the same. I think they are pretty sturdy. I'm really, really hard on stuff and haven't had any tunnel problems. Ran the stock rear bumper last year and have been running Skinz rear bumper this year. The stuff you see on the internet is from guys doing huge re-entries and letting the sleds land on the tail. If you are an old guy, I would suggest that you not try doing re-entries and your tunnel will be just fine. ?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Wheelies on flat ground, with firm snow , can tend to go a bit past 90° and mangle the rear bumper / tunnel.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
I wonder if any advantage/disadvantage has been noticed with the slash vs nonslash with that?

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I highly recommend an aftermarket rear bumper on these sleds. The rear of the tunnel is very thin and will bend. Plus if you carry any extra bags or fuel, having the extra strength really helps. The other fragile area is the foot well support bracket are made of some really thing cast aluminum that can break easily. Mine already broke with less than 100 miles on the sled. I was very surprised how thin this structural piece was. But it was light at least:)

Premium Features