• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 cylinders

Sleddinhunter

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2011
Cody, Wyoming
I’m pretty sure of the answer but a company just sent me a couple of replated cylinders and they both have some small pits near the exhaust port and in between the intake and exhaust ports. I’m thinking this is not a good replate job. Someone at the company said it’s perfectly normal and won’t hurt anything. Just want to know what you all think if I should send them back as I haven’t sent the core’s in and go with someone else. I’ll try to attach photos.

IMG_7585.png IMG_7586.png

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
IMO that is beyond the natural porous nature of Nikasil plating. Either the aluminum has porosity or it was a bad re-weld. If they will give you a written warranty on that cylinder then run it I guess.

Sleddinhunter

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2011
Cody, Wyoming
It wasn’t millennium. But I did see they say minor porosity is ok. The company that did mine told me the exact same thing as millennium say’s though. Wouldn’t surprise me if they out sourced the re-plating. From what I’ve seen is the tiny hole’s fill with oil and just lubricates the rings. In some ways it seems logical but honestly I can’t say I trust it. But if they will warranty them if there is failure in those spots then maybe I will run them.

J
Jul 21, 2022
USA
I’m pretty sure of the answer but a company just sent me a couple of replated cylinders and they both have some small pits near the exhaust port and in between the intake and exhaust ports. I’m thinking this is not a good replate job. Someone 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 at the company said it’s perfectly normal and won’t hurt anything. Just want to know what you all think if I should send them back as I haven’t sent the core’s in and go with someone else. I’ll try to attach photos.
where can I find like those

Premium Features